Chapter 3: Concerns

The door to our hotel room slowly opens just as I close my laptop. I ended up having to skip the whole practice. Half way thought my first exam, I received an email stating that one of my other exams has opened early and I decided to just do it right after the first exam. I just finished everything as Yuzuru steps the door. I turn to face him with an apologetic face.

"Yuzuru, I'm so sorry," I tell him as I get up. I help him put his things away. "Another exam opened up and I wanted to get it out of the way as soon as possible. And I promise I'll be at practice all day."

"That's okay, Mai. School is important," Yuzuru says giving me a weak smile.

I frown at Yuzuru. His response wasn't quite convincing and I can feel like something is wrong with him. I move all of my stuff off the bed and pull Yuzuru over to it. I make him lie down. I lie down next to him. I put my head on his chest. I can feel his heart pulsating against my ear.

"What's wrong?" I question him bluntly.

"Nothing is wrong," Yuzuru says wearily. "Just a lot of thoughts showing through my head."

"Like what?"

"You, the ice shows, this coming season, my programs. Many things."

"What about me?"

"About how you're such a great girlfriend and that you work so hard to make sure I have everything I need. You work very hard at your job even when you're not supposed to be working. And you're even able to maintain your studies while chasing me around the globe."

"That's very kind of you to say, Yuzu. You know, I wouldn't do this for just anybody. You're a very special person to me and I would do anything to make you happy. And I know you would do the same for me."

"Are you happy not going to school like everybody else?"

I look up at him to him just looking up at the ceiling. "Why are you asking me that?"

"You have a lot to study and you're not at school. You're here with me traveling all around. Don't you want to be in a classroom with your peers?"

"Well, I would love to do that. But it's just not really in the plans right now. I do have a job, which is to be with you wherever you go. I've taken on a role much larger than just a translator."

"I don't want to hold you back from your education. You've done so much for me, why can't I do anything for you?"

"Yuzuru, you've already gave me a wonderful opportunity that many people do not get. It takes some people many years before they get a steady job as a translator and I've already got one. I wouldn't want to be anywhere but here with you. I've got the best job in the world. Why trade that for a boring classroom? And don't worry. There will be a time where I can go to school and be there physically. Right now is just not that time."

I look up at Yuzuru and he looks down at me. I lean up and kiss his lips. He kisses back, pulling me body so I'm lying on top of him. We kiss for a few moments before letting go. I lay my head back on his chest. Yuzuru runs his fingers through my hair, something he picked up while we were in Sendai after Saya pointed out how she loved how long my hair is.

"I want you to be able to do anything you want without me holding you back," Yuzuru murmurs softly.

"I'm on the greatest adventure in my life with the guy I love," I reply back softly. "What more could I ever ask for?"

I peel my body off of his and sit next to him. Yuzuru looks up at me. I give him a soft smile and peck his lips.

"You need to take a shower and get ready for bed. Practice is at 8 and it's already...," I look over at the clock on the nightstand. "11. So get up and get in the shower, mister."

"Okay, missus," Yuzuru replies before pecking me on the lips. He grabs his night clothes from his luggage and head over to the bathroom.

I lie back on the bed and sigh. I can't deny that I don't want to go school and be there physically, but I have a job now that has given me more benefits than I have ever dreamed of. I've been with Yuzuru for almost a year now and it feels like we've barely started our journey together. I don't want to stop when we're going so strong right now.