Like things couldn't get worse

Start from the beginning

I tried to convince myself it wasn't all my fault. That I was the too victim. Riley had stormed off without hearing my explanation. He had said those things. So it was partly his fault. Right? But it was my fault from not walking away from James. From listening to him. I should have seen it coming. It was just like something he'd do. And I fell for it.

But what's done is done. I might never get to have Riley again but if he came back to me I would always forgive him.

___________________________

The next day Dylan came home. He said he was taking some days off school to come and stay with us. I was more than happy. I loved Dylan. He was my only older brother. And even when he used to be depressed he would still be there for me.

Now we sat together at the kitchen table eating our dinner. Dylan was helping me forget about Riley. To find what he called 'closure'. I didn't know exactly what it meant, but if it would help me get rid of this pain I was happy to try. Ever since I got home I've been having headaches and stomachaches. My mom said it was just the after affect of what happened but I knew it was something else. Something more..emotional.

There was a knock on the door I felt my hopes lift that it was Riley coming to say he was sorry. But when Dylan went and opened the door a rather deep voice came and they were dismissed.

There was loud footsteps toward us which I assumed were Dylan's.

"Who was at the door?" Francy asked. When no one answered I looked up and saw Dylan standing next to a beefy police officer. The cop had a shaved head and mustache. He looked like a pig in disguise.

"Hello officer, what do we owe the pleasure." my mom asked standing up from the table. We watched as the man raised a porky finger and pointed it at me.

"Young lady, we have a witness saying you stole fifty dollars worth of merchandise at the General Store. We're gonna have to take you in." he said, pulling on my arm to get me to stand up.

As I felt the could steal off the handcuffs touch my wrist I snapped from my trance.

"What? No! I was in the hospital for the last few days! How could I steal anything?" I asked. The second handcuff clicked and the man started to lead me out of my home.

"Well that might be but we'll have to check to prove your innocent. Until then you'll have to spend a few hours in jail." he stated.

"Jail!" all of my family members said at once.

Why me? Why was all this happening to me?

"Yes jail. Until she is proven innocent." he said. With that the man shoved me into the back seat of his blue cop car.

* Riley Bennett *

"When am I getting out of this hell hole?" I snapped at mom. She had showed up just a little while after I read the note and explained things to me.

Ever since I've been itching to get out of her and see Violet. I needed to tell her I loved her too. I don't exactly know when it happened. It just did. In the time between when I saw her in moms office and now I fell for her. And I don't think I was getting back up.

"You are still injured honey. To be safe there going to keep you here over night." she said sweetly.

"Over night! That's to long. I have to see Violet." I examined. I mother gave me a glare before sighing and giving in.

"I'll call her mother to make sure she's okay. Would that make it better?" she tried. Truthfully no. I want to see her and talk to her. But until I get out of here I'll take what I can get.

"Sure." I grumbled. Mom gave me a stern nod and pulled out her phone. Although I had put my number in Violets phone, I hadn't had the time to put hers in mine. But mom using to be Violet psych she had her contacts on her work phone.

I could hear it ringing from where I sat in bed on the other did of the room.

"Yes mrs. Blake. This is Mrs. Bennett, Riley's mom. I was just wondering if Violets okay." she asked in a very business like manner. There was talking on the other line and I watched as my mothers face fell.

oh no. Whats wrong? Did Violet go missing? Did she try again. Oh no what did I do.

"Okay I'll tell him. Thanks again mrs. Blake." When mom hung up the phone I had to restrain myself from yelling 'what!'

"Uh there's a problem with Violet." she said quietly.

"What problem?" my voice had turned dark. All my fears were bubbling in my mind and I just needed a few words from mom to verify them.

"Well....Violet's...in jail." she mumbled.

"Jail?!"

(Dun dun duuuuuuuuu. Didn't think I'd give it a boring cliché ending where Riley turns up at her door step did you? Will they get together or be torn apart? Who was the witness who said Violet stole? Will They have a happy ending or will James win? Find out later :)