Chapter Thirty-One: First World Problems

"(F/n)." Kuroo hummed, placing his chin on her forehead as she got her things from her locker, fighting his hands into the pockets of her Nekoma sweater. "I have a query for you."

"Oh?" (F/n) shut her locker, which squeaked slightly from the lack of oil, staying still so he could stay in that position. "What is it, dear captain?"

"What are you getting me for my birthday?" His voice turned overly innocent with a sweet twist to it, which, in the past, made his girlfriends melt and tell him anything. Of course, he didn't have many girlfriends before (F/n), and preferred not to talk about his past relationships around her.

But this was a thing he would rarely pull. It was something he'd learned from his fellow captain, Oikawa Tooru, who seemed to have the ladies (and some guys) crawling all over him. Though, the guy was now out of commission, due to him and his ace, Iwaizumi Hajime, hooking up soon after their defeat from Karasuno.

Though, that was learned from mostly gossip. But (F/n) confirmed it to be true after texting Iwaizumi about it.

"Nice try." She deadpans, elbowing him off of her. He let out a whine, and she rolled her eyes in a mixture of amusement and annoyance. "Go back to the dump where you belong. I'm not gonna tell you anything."

Kuroo huffed. "That was uncalled for."

"You were uncalled for." She shot back.

"I wanna break up."

"Yeah, yeah."

Their back and fourth made a nearby Kai and Yaku crack up, and the luckless Kuroo shot them a glare. (F/n) rolled her eyes, and headed off to her class before her boyfriend could pester her anymore.

Kuroo slumped over to his two snickering teammates, his hazel eyes glittering with mock sadness. "C'mon, guys, gimme a break." He rubbed his shoulder, which was currently sore from how many games they'd been playing over the past couple of weeks.

"Dude," Yaku said with a laugh, "That was the most horrible turn down I've ever had the pleasure of experiencing ever."

Kai patted Kuroo's shoulder with a solemn look. "It'll be alright, pal. She's just making sure that you won't ask again by being cold. I'm sure if you plead hard enough, you'll get a hint out of her."

"Or a kick in the face." Kenma muttered as he passed the small group, and Kuroo felt his heart drop. Kenma being her friend since childhood made the latter seem more likely. A pout made its way onto the captains face, and Yaku let out another snicker.

With a depressed sigh, "I think I should just quit volleyball and chill with my girlfriend full time." The captain rubbed the back of his neck.

"She literally just said she wouldn't tell you what your gift is." Kai mumbled. "You're not gonna retire right in the middle of our volleyball finals because of her saying 'no'."

"First world problems!" Kuroo insisted, and Yaku face palmed. Kuroo sniffed in dissatisfaction. "She should always tell me what she's thinking! Including what she got for me!"

Yamamoto patted Kuroo's shoulder as he passed by. "Maybe it's something she can't say in public." He suggested, strangely having heard what the conversations topic was about. "Ya know," he winked, "bedroom."

A blush erupted on Kuroo's face. "We're eighteen, man! Save it for the marriage!"

"OooOoOoo!" Yamamoto gawked, and Kuroo let out a pissed off hiss. The second year stepped back with an amused smirk, then gave a quick two fingered salute before hurrying off to find where Kenma went.

Poor Kenma. He still had to deal with all of these relationship shenanigans without having someone of his own. Kuroo wondered if his friend would even look for someone to share his life with, or if his heart was permanently fixated on video games.

"I hate you all so much." Kuroo placed his hands on his face, but walked with Yaku and Kai to class, trying desperately to calm down the mad blush he had.

Sorry for the super late update and the short chapter! Since school has started I've lost a lot of inspiration, and anxiety has kicked up again. I'll try my absolute best to keep this up, though! Don't worry about it!

I never got the chance to thank you guys for 10k! And now we're at 11k?? Wow! Thank you guys!

When this one is over, what about another Oikawa one? I was thinking this time about them being adults. Either National Team au, or like private detective au? I'm still figuring it out don't be surprised if I don't do it at all.

Anyways

Thank you all for reading this! (if you got this far that is)

I love you all! Have a splendid day tomorrow!