Chapter Thirty-Four: The End

Stepping off of the bus made (F/n)'s heart slam into her chest like a hammer to a nail. Her (e/c) eyes swirled as she walked next to the coach, slightly dragging her foot against the pavement and hauling first aid and a pack of water bottles and towels. It was heavy, but it wasn't anything she couldn't handle.

"(F/n)! (F/n), get over here!" A voice called, and she turned her head to see her family, including her two old friends, Oikawa and Iwaizumi, holding hands. Shino was also there, literally vibrating with excitement.

She smiled, and her mom made the team pose for a group picture, promising to print it out for the team and such.

"Lucky us it's the weekend." (B/n) chattered as Kuroo scooped him up into a hug. "Or else we would've never gotten out of school!"

"You could've. Shino and I would've missed way too much. I have a project due." (O/B/n) muttered, and Shino slung an arm around his shoulder.

"Keep talking, (O/B/n)-chan~." Oikawa huffed. "Iwa-chan and I would have missed valuable study time just to support our dear friends team, while she's just lounging around."

"Weren't you the one who wanted to watch?" Iwaizumi muttered, and Oikawa made an offended whimper.

"It's an honour," Kuroo drawled, putting down (B/n) and reaching out to shake hands with Oikawa. "You're the previous captain of Seijoh, right? It's a pleasure to meet you. And you must be the ace, correct?" He addressed Iwaizumi too, awfully polite for the scheming captain.

"It seems like you've done your research. Oikawa Tooru." Oikawa grinned, introducing himself and shaking Tetsurou's hand.

"(F/n), I like this one. You make good friends." Kuroo commented, shaking with Iwaizumi too.

(F/n) snorted. "Don't get fooled. Behind those overachieving looks, he's just a trash bag."

"That wounds me, my dear ace." Oikawa whined, placing his free hand on his chest dramatically. Iwaizumi and (F/n) exchanged an exasperated glance

Shino launched into a conversation with Yamamoto and Lev (and Inouka) about ace things, while (B/n) chatted with Kenma about the latest video game they both wanted to play. (O/B/n) was testing his arm, which had recently been freed from his cast, and was trying to straighten it out with the gentle help of Iwaizumi.

Oikawa and Kuroo, unsurprisingly, hit it off brilliantly, fuming over enemies and discussing strategies. (F/n)'s parents were speaking to the coach, thanking him and being parents.

Over all, this was the outcome of her last year at high school. This was her last volleyball game, and she didn't get to play. It was sort of bittersweet.

"(F/n)-chan, I hear you're in a relationship now?" Oikawa cooed, slinging his arm around her shoulders, sweeping some of his hair out of his face. "What's it like? Enjoyable?"

By the tone of his voice, she knew 'enjoyable' meant something much more dirty, so she elbowed him harshly off. "You're gross, you know. I'd prefer Kageyama to you any day."

"Rude!" He puffed out his cheeks, stomping his foot like a two year old. "Tobio-chan isn't as emotional as me!"

"I don't see what information you're using to argue with me here. You are definitely more emotional than him. Your point?"

"Savage." Kuroo crowed, taking Oikawa's original place and sliding his arm across the managers shoulders.

Oikawa sniffed at his fellow captain, and went to go sulk beside Iwaizumi and (O/B/n), who both glanced at the pairs direction for a split second. The two shrugged, and continued on their way. It wasn't long before they reached the gymnasium doors.

Shino shook hands with Yamamoto and Lev, before heading back to (O/B/n) with a bright smile and new information. Iwaizumi politely wished Kuroo a good game, and Oikawa challenged Kuroo to a match whenever they got a break.

"Have a great game, nii-san!" (B/n) cheered, before bounding off after their parents. (O/B/n) followed quickly with Shino tailing him. Oikawa and Iwaizumi shared a hug with her as the team began filing inside.

"We're proud of you." Oikawa hummed as he pulled away. "You made it here. I'm glad. Even though it's not with your team."

"Who said I wasn't with my team?" (F/n) said with a pained chest.

Oikawa smiled, and Iwaizumi's normal tense facial expression broke as he gave her a genuine smile as well.

"I wish you luck on your last game, (F/n)." Iwaizumi gripped her shoulder, and she nodded, quickly rubbing her eyes. She needed to save her tears for the end.

The end of her high school volleyball with her team.

ITS NOT THE END YET CHILL THE HELL OUT ITS JUST THE CHAPTER TITLE