Chapter Nine: Airhorn

The exams, as expected, went by in a breeze. (F/n) nearly yelled at Inouka and Lev for nearly failing, though, giving them the 'you need to balance your school and your volleyball' speech they'd both heard from their parents.

Kuroo expected nothing less from the girl, of course. She'd become even more Mom™ than Yaku, and they would often team up on those who were slacking off (coughLevcough).

And, of course, Kuroo had told both Bokuto and Kenma about his little, itty bitty dilemma. Well, he sort of told the entire teams.

Yep. He'd told both Fukurodani Academy's and Nekoma High's volleyball teams about his tiny, VERY TINY, SUPER DUPER TINY, crush on (F/n). Just a small one. No huge crushes here. No sir. Nope.

Of course, like always, Fukurodani was the first of all the invited teams to show up. And of course, they all wanted a match, but not before introductions were made.

"WHOA! NO FLIPPING WAY!" Bokuto shouted as he approached Nekoma's team with his own.

Kuroo smirked as Fukurodani's team stared at (F/n). Of course, they'd all read about what had happened to her, and how she had to leave her team due to the amputation.

(F/n) stuffed one of her hands into the pocket of her shorts, lifting the other one into a lazy wave. "'Sup?"

"You're her!" Bokuto said.

"I am a her. Kuroo, your friend is so observant." (F/n) blinked, and a boy with messy black hair beside Bokuto sighed slightly. This made the girl laugh a little bit. She completely ignored the boy's team's after that, introducing herself to the Furkurodani managers.

The girls walked off to set up the gym, chatting along the way, seeming to hit it off quite well. (F/n) exclaimed that she hadn't met an actual normal person for months, earning loud complains from Nekoma's team.

After the girls disappeared, it turned into gossip right away. The liberos, like normal, got together and chatted. Both Kenma and Akaashi went to go trash talk about their captains, while the rest just talked happily.

"I see you don't have a girlfriend yet, Kuroo!" Bokuto said, patting the cats shoulder. "What the hell? You're a lady killer, man!"

"I do have a girlfriend!" Kuroo huffed, folding his arms. "She just doesn't know that we're dating yet."

Kenma and Akaashi exchanged a glance, then Kenma spoke up. "It's (F/n), isn't it?"

"(L/n)-san?" Yaku asked.

"(F/n)-chan, right?" Inouka and Lev said in unison, and they both looked at each other in surprise.

Kuroo's Cheshire grin faded slightly. "Am I that obvious?"

The entirety of Nekoma's team nodded, and Yamamoto placed a hand on the boy's shoulder with a solemn look. "You've got it bad, man."

There was a long pause of silence, but before Kuroo could ask for the sweet release of death, another bus pulled up, signifying that another team was here.

*****

(F/n) had plenty of gossip time with the other managers while their teams were playing. She went around the gym to introduce herself and be formal, blah blah.

She really hit it off with Kiyoko, the manager from Karasuno. It wasn't long until her team started to cut her glances. One with really spikey hair looked tempted to approach her, along with a bald guy (with creepy eyes).