"They are of our creators design." she argued defensively.

" Ones of his mistakes he failed to iradicate amongst others," his gaze fell suggestively over her. "And one you failed to keep a leash on," he added.

The insult had her eyes slowly glowing blue. Stepping close, her immaculate beauty failed to hide the fury she felt for the pompous Archangel that for a millennia rubbed her the wrong way.

"Careful Archangel, an expression of that magnitude did not go well with your brother. Such rebelliousness in your kind is frowned upon," she teased glorifying in how the muscles in his jaw worked furiously.

"I am nothing like my brother," he hissed.

"So you say, but even the most obedient fell," She brushed off his anger.

Menacingly, one taunted the other in silence. She marveled at the Amber fire slowly burning in the depths of his eyes. His muscles rippled and his wings extended as his hands curled around the hilt of his sword. Taking on the challenge, she squared her shoulders to face him with blue orbs forming in her hands.

"That is enough!!!" Metatrons voice boomed from the dais sending a rush of wind in their direction.

"We will have order here," he warned.

All quieted down. Slowly Gaia and Michael backed away from one another then turned to face him.

Settled in his chair, his gaze landed on Gaia then on Micahel. "Explain to me how is it that a fledgling, a Seraph at that! Could have breeched the wards or crossed into the mortals realm?
It is strictly forbidden," he leaned forward his eyes falling accusingly on Michael.

"I have nothing to do with it. Had I known I would have put an end to it immediately." Michael assured him.

"Not soon enough. You all were lacking in your duties. You have a task. And that's one task only to maintain a balance, keep infernal forces out of our realm and oversee the teachings of lesser and higher angels," Raguel interrupted.

"Where is the fledgling now?" Zadkiel slowly stood then, taking over the conversation.

"In her quarters..." Michael answered.

"I wouldn't be too sure of that?" the familiar voice of Raphael pierced the hall. Slowly all eyes fell on him as he casually approached them.

"What are you saying?" Michael turned to face him. His own face burned angrily in disbelief that she disobeyed him. How was it possible that she did? Angels simply were not disobedient. Seraphs at least. They were incapable of it.

He watched his brother with a non chalant shrug of his shoulder repeat the obvious. She is in the human realm.

"Her presence there poses a threat to us all. You must summon her here at once," Metatron slowly stood.

It felt as if ice slithered down his spine hearing Metatron's voice.

It was a direct order.

With that, Michael watched as Raphael stepped back as he stormed out of the hall.
"Be easy on her," Raphael insisted.

He paused then turn to face his brother. His jaw clenched with Raphael's plea. He said nothing as Raphaels eyes softened some. Then he turned away and left with two guardians at his sides.

******

She had countless reasons not to remain where she was, and needed to return before they noticed she was gone. Again.
But she couldn't bring herself to listen to those reasons or her mind where he was concerned.
Therefore, for the last hour or so, she has found herself perched on a branch in the distance watching him submerge his body in water.