Chapter 8 - Christmas at The Table

Start from the beginning

"You should spend Christmas with Son family, it's better to celebrate with us than do it alone"

"That's what I told her, Mom" Mom then carry her to our home.

I take her to my room to put her bag. She'll be surprised to see my messy room.

"Wow" She's awe-ing at my room.

My room stays the way it is. So many hand drawing at my room at I stick it to my wall. So many artwork as well.

"This is cool"

"This is messy, Unnie!" I say it while putting my bag down.

"Good messy" She say.

She then laugh at my dresser when I place so many pictures.

"You're cute"

"Ah, that's embarrassing, Unnie, don't take it with your phone" Too late, Mina Unnie already capture it.

"Chaengie such a messy girl isn't she"

Mom interrupt our joy by entering my room.

"I think this is so cool, Mam, the way she put the drawing, the art. She can't do this at our dorm"

I then giggle.

"Will you be alright sleeping with Chaeng? She snores a lot" She said to Mina, she can't believe it.

"Really?"

"Mother, I passed that phase already, you can ask my roommates, I never snores nowadays"

"Okay, okay. Mina here's your towel and new toothbrush, let me know if you need anything"

"Thank you so much, Mam"

"Ah, Chaeyoungie totally right, you are so pretty. Chaeyoung only talks about you"

I look at Mom for that statement, I'm shocked. I immediately change the topic

"Mom, where's Jeonghunnie?"

"He's at the church, helping for the celebration tomorrow. I think he'll be here soon"

"Okay"

Mom then go out and close the door. I hope Mina Unnie will never discuss what just she heard from mom.

"I'll take the shower first, feel free okay. Mi casa su casa!"

I go to the bathroom and take a shower. After that Mina Unnie take the shower. My brother's home now. My mom already cooks for us, it's dinner time. We will have the big family lunch tomorrow since my grandmother will come. Still it's a feast tho. We all sit at the dining table. It's unsual, rather that cooking korean food, Mom cooked dishes such pasta, grilled chicken an so on. Feels like christmas in the U.S tho. Dad also play some blues music from the radio. I can't believe that Dad's music taste could equate Mina Unnie's taste. Mina Unnie heard Blues music a lot since her father listened to it most of the time. I'm glad that Mina Unnie overcome her awkwardness around my family. I love this time. My family are together, and Mina Unnie makes it more perfect. We pray together before we eat, glad that my father mention her name in our pray so she could feel more accepted.

"Mina, how long you haven't met your family?" Dad ask her.

"Actually I met my parents when we held JYP Nation concert and Japan last October, at that time, I finally saw my grandmother again after 2 years"

"Wow, in your age being seperated with your family abroad isn't easy, right?"

"Yes" She nod "Especially in a time like this when I should be with my family"