28

Jungkook POV

I had to admit it. The thrill of being a demon was fun and exciting. It gave me the short lived happiness I guess everything evil had. It was like a mix of guilt and fake happiness.

I gave Namjoon a hard look before getting up and heading for the door.

Right when I was about to grab the door handle, he suddenly called out to me.

"Kookie-ah, remember your mom?" How dare a jerk like him dare to call me that.

I whipped back around, leaning against the door with my arms crossed at him, my glare deadly as I fixated my eyes on the battered and bruised guy I used to call my brother.

"Don't you dare call me that. I've told you, only people who actually care for me can call me that unlike you, traitorous fucker." I eyed with his disgust on the last word.

He gave me another crazed smile from his long lips and leaned as far forward he could with his arms chained up, a scarily whispering tone flowed out from his mouth.

"You should leave her. She isn't involved in the cruel world we sinners have created. Right?" His head tilted at me as I breathed calmly, controlling my emotions.

"Don't reply." was what I told myself before bidding Namjoon a curt goodbye and shutting the door a tight close. Outside, I grabbed my hair and head with my hands, stressed and unsure of what I actually should do. Namjoon's words messed me up, Lucifer's actions and hopes for me messed me up, angels expectations of me and Yeonie messed me up; but not Yeonie.

She's my medicine. The only thing that can heal me in this fucked up world of money, power hungry morons. I wanted to protect Saeyeon, badly. But how?!

Then, her melodious voice broke my train of thought as usual. But this time, my heart held onto that, causing me to feel even more guilty about what I was about to do.

"Kookie-ah, you ok?" she worriedly asked me after I walked towards them, my hair messy from ruffling it. I went cold as she hugged me tighter.

Could I really leave the girl I loved so much that easily?

I suppressed my emotions as I stared back into her lovely enchanting eyes. But I couldn't go soft. To protect her. To protect everything I have found meaning in. Jimin. Suga. Seokjin. Or still Feathers to me. Saving another boy from the clutches of my evil father. Hoseok.

I had to leave everything in order to save everything dear to me, including Saeyeon.

"What's wrong? You definitely are not ok. Tell me honestly. Please Kookie~" she tried her aegyo on me as her little face lifted up to see me, her body still against me snugly.

"I love you." I whispered extremely quietly under my breath, not wanting her to hear it lest she hang on tighter to me.

I grabbed her wrist, not wanting to feel her as it would just make it harder to leave. Mouthing a sorry to her, I lowered my gaze to my feet guiltily.

Seokjin got up, his chair legs screeching on the ground as it moved.

"Yah, Jeon Jungkook, this isn't funny. Tell me what's wrong. Let me and Seokjin oppa help you." Her fake laugh masking her real emotions.

I gripped her wrist tighter as I stared into the abyss of her beautiful curious eyes, my heart telling me not to go but my mind telling me otherwise.

"Help? From angels like Seokjin? Sorry I only trust you. You're the only one who can and can't help." That wasn't exactly true. I just needed Yeonie to believe that I didn't trust Seokjin to do something for me and hopefully, he'd get the sign.

My arms slid down to my sides, letting go of her wrist to her shock. Yeonie's eyes went wide as I let go, confusion running all over her.

"What are you saying Kookie? Of course I'll help you. That's cos I love you. Don't you too?" she nearly shouted as her voice raised an octave.

I couldn't bring myself to reply. I was just scared. Scared that she would leave me if I did tell her everything I had done.

Would she still love and accept me then?

Hiding everything under a facade of emotionless, tears streamed down my cheek as my continued telling me what I was actually doing. I probably just didn't want to admit it.

I was the one leaving her behind.

So much was just going on in my head. Why did I talk to Namjoon? It didn't make anything better, just worse now. I took a deep breath as I looked at her. Her face on the verge of tears and heartbreak.

I will mend your heart after this is over. And this, I swore on it.

I suppressed my emotions even more as the black smoke clouded my view of her and the last I heard was a desperate "No, Koo-" then, heartbeat silence.

I had left her. Teleported to down to the school to get to the Hell portal Suga hyung had put.

Tears blurred my vision as the smoke cleared for me to see an unclear school corridor. My head hung low as I took slow drunken steps towards the desolate corridor where the portal was situated.

I blocked off my telepathy connection with her. I didn't want to hurt her even more than I had already done. Upon reaching it, I let the hole swirl before jumping down to the depths of Hell or as the Greeks used to say,

Tartarus.

--///
an: hi double update in two days :))))))