Chapter 14

He stole my first kiss, he kissed me. This is all I could think as I turned and twisted in bed to get some sleep. My lips were fairly bruised, that beast. I hate him, I hate him, I hate him. The realization struck like lightning that I did not in any world hate him. Oh my god. Do not say those three words. You can't possibly not hate him and be in...

Fuck, I screamed and popped a pill.

No, No, noo...

This was how I slept that night, in denial that maybe I had fallen for him. Maybe.

******

Breakfast ignore, school ignore, dinner either I ate in my room o he did, sleeping over not a chance. This was now our standardized routine. And this was not because we kissed or rather he forcefully kissed me but an incident followed that night.

After the kiss, a few days passed by without any major accidents. But josh acted really strange. He would stare at me during the lectures and in the cafeteria when I would be with Vidyut and this was becoming quite obvious to both Saloni and Vidyut. The whole class was buzzing with this nonsense. Vidyut was annoyed; we even fought for the first time in a month. But Josh was getting worse.

So it happened.

After Stats I was in the hallway waiting for Lekha when Saloni marched towards me.

“Hey Saloni.” I said innocently like I hadn't kissed her boyfriend a few days ago.

“Hey yourself bitch.” she hissed.

“Umm what?” I asked scrunching my face.

“Listen to me and listen very clearly.” she said coming onto my face.

I was slightly intimidated, I mean never was I the person to have fought.

“Stay away from Josh, he's mine and I love him a lot, stop acting like a twat and back off do you get that!” she threatened me.

“Okay alright.”I said pushing her away from my face.

“He's all yours it’s not like I’m interested okay!” I was saying when she cut me off again.

“Save it Bitch and stay away.” she said and walked away.

I was in a state of shock. What was happening? I was Kalsi, populars like Saloni got along with and a few even admired me and now I was a part of this cheap rumor mill and being called a twat. I teared up but quickly regained my poise.

Lekha came after a few seconds and I switched on my normal mode.

This drama had just ended and another followed. Josh was losing it first he ignored me and now he was trying to talk. ‘What the fuckkk!’ Why doesn't he leave me alone? But only if god granted my wishes. He did not stop. He tried talking to me everywhere possible, at home, school, and work and hell he even came to Sunflowers. But I did not utter a word. At school cafeteria I was standing in a queue for food, when he tried his trick again.

“Kalsi this is bullshit, we need to talk.” he almost yelled.

I looked around and blurted, “leave me the fuck alone Josh please and we have nothing to talk about!”

“What do you mean, just because we...”

“Shut up!” I hissed.

“Look please don't create a scene anyway your girlfriend wouldn't be happy if she saw you with me, I've been insulted enough.” I couldn't help gagging it out.

“What?” He looked surprised

“Saloni insulted you?” He asked.

“Will you please let it go and go away?” I said moving forward.

“No.” and he grabbed my hand

“Talk to me.” Kalsi, he said painfully.

“This,” he said gesturing towards us is

“Whatever this is, it’s driving me crazy.”

And in split seconds Vidyut came out of nowhere and pushed Josh hard and he stumbled back.

“What the fuck!” Josh yelled and charged towards Vidyut.

I quickly leaped forward and placed myself between the two raging boys.

“What's wrong with you Vidyut?!” I asked him completely ignoring Josh.

“He needs to know that you're my girl and to keep his hands off you.” he said and moved forward to punch or grab him or something.

I stood with my hands on his chest and pushed him.

“Control yourself Vidyut, we were just talking.” I explained.

“Keep your pants on man.” Josh said

“Kalsi and I go a long way back, samjha? (Understood), and you've just come here so chill.” he said.

I glared at him with my mouth hanging.

Vidyut was red hot with anger.

“Just stay away from my girl.” he warned

“Or else what?” Josh challenged.

“Enough Josh, back off okay. I turned towards him.

“But Kalsi.” he said.

“Please, stay away.” I said and grabbed Vidyut’s hand. We walked away.

Josh stood like I had just slapped him in front of the entire school and Vidyut held my hand like he had won a trophy.

This is ridiculous, two boys fighting because of me, for me.

My life had never been this dramatic ever. I didn’t know what to do, Vidyut clearly liked me a lot and I wasn't so sure. Saloni hated me and now Josh did too I think. It was all messed up. Gam knew about everything, every bloody thing and still she refused to intervene as much as I hated that, I couldn't help wondering how cool my Gam was. My father would kill me if he ever came to know I was dating a kill and on top of it I kissed another guy. Gam was much better now and used her hot wheels rarely. She started walking with the help of a walker but Geeta was still around. This year was a complete wreck and soon it was to end but before that we had one big event, Prom.

A Beautiful Messजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें