Chapter 14 ~ My Last and First

Start from the beginning

His jaw tensed up, "Yes, Ella, I was." He corrected himself, "Am avoiding you."

"Why?" My voice sounded hoarse, like all those iced tea I'd drunk were really wine. My question hung in the air for a few more seconds.

"You have a boyfriend now," he said. "I don't want to be the barrier between you two. I still like you and that won't change."

"Liam, we talked about this before remember? What about the girl, the girl you're telling me? Wait, where is Beth? You should have accompanied her home."

Liam just shook his head. "I made those up. I asked Beth because you told me to find a new date and she was the first person who came in my mind."

"Liam, I love you. I know that you know that." I closed my eyes once more, "You're special, Liam. More than anyone I know because you are not just my friend, you are my best friend, no boyfriend can replace that."

"Now you have Dan," he whispered on the other line. "We can go back there and check him; it will be fine with me if that's what you want. But if he hurts you Ella, I won't forgive him."

"No, Liam, I don't. There is nothing going on between me and him." I frowned.

He paused again, I wondered if he got home already. "He is madly in love with you."

"He tried to kiss me." I looked at the window, away from anything else. I knew it was nothing that much, I reminded myself it was just a mistake, that Daniel did not mean to, but I saw Dan's expression at the back of my mind and fear haunted me.

"What?!" Liam shouted.

"At the garden, it happened so fast..." I trembled. Calm down, Ella. Calm down.

I heard him muttered a curse, "Then what? Are you fine?"

"I am, thankfully, someone punch him."

"Who? Everyone was on the dance floor." Marvin. Should I tell him? He was my best friend. He might believe me. I just shook my head. "He should pay for this!"

I wished I could glance at him, even in the dark wherever he was, I could feel his anger. "No, please don't get yourself in trouble just because of me."

"Ella, you know how much I love you and how much I want you to be mine, but I promise you I won't do such thing. I respect your decision. We often feel what we want to feel. Maybe it is my fault I felt it, but I love you and I won't do anything to hurt you." He said it with full sincerity in his voice.

"I don't want to tell my parents about Daniel. They'll just worry."

"I understand," he said.

"You always do."

"Now you need a deep rest Ella."

"I don't know if I will have, but I'm eager to end this fudging day, but let's just wait for a while. I really don't want to tell my parents what happened."

"Fudging?" I heard his smirk. "Ella-vocabulary."

I laughed. "I hate to say the F-word."

"Whatever. See you soon?"

"Yes." We were about to end the call when I apologized again. "Sorry, for you know why."

He considered it, "Nothing to apologize for."

"I hope nothing will change between us. I can't risk losing you."

"That's a wonderful complement from you, Miss Gomez."

"Miss Gomez?"

"Yes, I can't tell how stunning and beautiful lady you were tonight."

"If I was beside you I could have punched you. You, you look nothing like the Liam I know tonight." We laughed. Then the events tonight popped in my mind again. "I never thought I'd laugh after what happened."

My Fictional BoyfriendOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara