14

Jasper was eventually accepted into the group, though it wasn't uncommon for both sides to start skirmishes. Yes, the Big Buff Cheeto Puff (as Steven called her once he got used to her being kind to him) had started a few fights, but Pearl had started the majority of them. It was odd to think about, as Pearl is usually like a very worrisome mother who only wants her son to do well.

Steven took the time to make a fort on the couch for Jasper, though it became a problem every morning when Amethyst went to flop down and sleep a bit more. (G/N) had offered to take Jasper in at the lighthouse, but everyone agreed that the two of them shouldn't live alone together up there. They weren't sure if Jasper was faking it or not, but she could tell that Jasper was being completely sincere.

Eventually, Steven vouched for the whole "Jasp-(G/N)" situation, saying it would be good for the both of the gems. They looked at one another after he spoke, a light blush crossing over their skin, Jasper becoming slightly red. It would be a lie if she said she thought the name of the situation wasn't meaningful. It was nice to hear it, thought P would disagree.

~~~ Your POV ~~~

I was making my way towards the lighthouse when I saw Jasper standing at the new(ish) fence that Steven had put along the edge. When Jasper had come to get me last time, she had done a bit of damage to it. Helping Steven replace it wasn't too difficult. I watched as the large quartz soldier looked out toward the ocean, most likely remembering Lapis and Homeworld. I only assume she is thinking of Lapis because of what happened between the two of them.

Before I can register what is going on, Jasper waves at me. It is then that I realize I was staring, most definitely making her uncomfortable. For the most part, she has avoided all of us, refusing to get close. Another part of it is that Garnet wants us to keep our distance. There is something that the mysterious fusion does know that I do not, however, that is only natural. Often times, I will see Garnet staring at Jasper and I as we speak to one another, or as she sees that Jasper is uncomfortable. I only wish I could see what she did.

I look out toward the ocean before making my way up the hill the rest of the way, determined to speak to Jasper. She means so much to me, though I'm not 100% sure why. We were sworn enemies not even three days ago. It baffles me, knowing that I would hate to see her hurt. Of course, I would never say that to anyone.

Once I reach the top of the hill and begin to approach Jasper, standing taller than I was before, I feel a sudden tackle to my legs. Yes, not a pressure, a full on tackle. I fall forward, directly into the large gem's torso, knocking her off balance. As I look up to her, I realize we are on the edge of the cliff and even the slightest bump could most likely kill us if we didn't land correctly. What a way to die, that's for sure.

"Careful there," Jasper speaks with what seems like a loving tone. She helps me regain my balance before glaring down at whoever nearly killed us. Turning to see for myself, I see none other than Peridot. I really missed her, even if I saw her but a few minutes ago. Sitting down, I look at Peridot and pat the ground for her, then again for Jasper. "You could've killed us, Peri."

"Well, that's a bummer. Wouldn't want to lose my favorite Crystal Clod."

~~~~~~

Heyo! An update! I know that I last updated right before school started, and now I'm already through the first quarter, but trust me, it's not good. I've had homework everyday and it's so much to do. My stress levels have never been so high, ugh. Anyway, I'm going to try to update over weekends if possible (I actually have a ton of homework I need to do, but it's almost 12 A.M. so I'll do it tomorrow), though I can't make any promises.

Also, it appears that Peridot is going to be that one person who always gets between the potential lovey-dovey moments. That's alright though, because I don't remember my original plan anymore. :')