•chapter sixteen•

You finally found the courage to pull away. Daveed was stunned. You both stared at each other, breathing rapidly.

    "This...this can't happen," you stammered as your stomach began to churn.

    "...what?"

    "We can't do this, Daveed. Especially not here."

    "So you don't want a relationship or-"

    "Stop with the relationship blackmailing scam! Just stop!" you cried, pushing him off you.

    "I'm asking honest questions," he claimed.

    "You're being a jerk." You put your sweatshirt back on and walked away as fast as you could.

    Everyone complimented you on your choreography and asked about Daveed, as usual. You didn't answer any Daveed related questions because you knew you'd just end up getting upset.

    You sat at the bar.

    You started with a shot of tequila to loosen yourself up. You were so happy to have your lifeline back that you had a few more.

    As you ordered a glass of hard whiskey someone sat in the seat next to you and you immediately knew who it was.

    "(Y/N)! I feel like we haven't talked in forever!" Eden joined you at the bar, smiling as if nothing was going wrong.

    You swallowed the rest of your drink and immediately asked for another one. You knew you were going to need it.

    "Amazing choreo, by the way," she added. "Speaking of that, are you and Angel good? It got rough the other day."

    You smirked. "We're fine."

    "How's Daveed? I bet he's on top of the world about his album. It's fire."

    "How's Daveed?" you repeated.

    "Yeah, like how's he doing?"

    "I know what the question means. I just thought you'd know more about his current state than I do. Since you've been spending so much time together."

    Eden furrowed her brows. "What?"

    "Don't give me that. You two act just like each other."

    "I don't know what you're talking about. This is crazy."

    She got up to leave but you yanked her back down to her seat. "I don't know what game you're trying to play here but it's not fun. Quit the act."

    "What act?"

    "You know what the hell I'm talking about," you hissed.

    "I don't!"

    "My boyfriend, bitch. I know everything. I don't know why you want him but stop. Right now."

    "(Y/N), how much have you had to drink because-"

    "Because what, hoe? My drinking thing is none of your business but you know what is? My boyfriend."

    "First of all, you can quit the name calling. I never did anything to you," Eden claimed. "Second, I don't want your boyfriend."

    "I bet you didn't want the guys you went down on in high school but you did it anyway," you scoffed.

    Eden chuckled dryly. "Excuse me?"

    "I know more about you than you think. I know about your thing with the drama club kids and your history with Daveed. Don't act so honest because I know you're not."