Chapter 16: Dark Siren

''What the hell is that,'' Damian yelled.

          ''I would know this scream anywhere,'' Lena shouted.

          The scream stopped, everyone getting up. Team Phantom was well prepared. Danny grabbed his new sword while White picked up the magical bow. Sam, Tucker, and Jazz all raised lazer guns. Valerie aimed a wrist ray.

          The siren walked in. She had long black hair, matching her leather pants and boots. Her dress was a unique shape, with a silver triangle going up from her chest past her shoulder. The rest of the dress was black, split in half the at her waist with silver fabric at the split. Her wings were pitch black.

         ''Who is she,'' Tucker asked. ''She's cute.''

         ''She's also an evil siren, so snap out of it,'' White told him. ''Boys. Huh, what am I saying, i'm one of them.''

          ''Her name's Sirena,'' Lena explained. ''She's been a pain in the Mystic Isles for a while now. Always thinking that only her voice should be heard.''

         ''Without a doubt, one of the more annoying members of the siren community,'' Sarah says. ''Her song makes people show their anger.''

           ''And by show, she means the last time she opened her mouth, she nearly caused a war on the Isle of Harpies,'' Erica said.

          ''The whole world needs to feel my pain,'' Sirena shouted. ''I have songs of pain to bring to everyone.''

           ''You really think showing up to a castle full of powerful beings is a good idea,'' Valerie says. ''She definitely isn't the siren of wisdom.''

           ''She doesn't really have an element,'' Lena tells them. ''She sings and people get mad. That is basically it.''

           Sirena then began to sing. Purple sound waves washed around the room like a plague. A lot of them quickly covered their ears.

         The song effected those around them. Everyone that heard it got a furious look in their eyes. They all went at each other like cats and dogs.

          ''Whatever you do, don't listen to her,'' Sarah screamed.

          ''Danny,'' Sam yelled.

           Dash was running towards him, looking like a maniac. Danny sidestepped him, causing Dash to fall onto the ground like an idiot. Everyone was now in a giant fight. The fights could make a WWE cage match look like kindergartners playing in the mud.

          ''If her song hits you, you'll become an enraged animal like all of them,'' White yelled. ''Keep your ears covered.''

          ''We need earplugs,'' Tucker says.

         ''Or she needs a muzzle,'' Jazz said.

         ''This can handle her,'' Valerie says, activating her wrist rays.

        As she angled the guns with her hands over her ears, she managed to get a good aim at Sirena. She fired, hitting the dark siren in the chest. She fell back, her song stopping.

          ''Shut her up,'' Sarah said.

          ''Why did she even come here,'' Lena wondered. ''Sirens don't leave the isles very often, unless it's for occasions like this.''

            ''It might be a little bit because of me,'' White admitted. ''If she heard me sing, she might of wanted to come here to upstage me. As much as I love my voice, the envy and jealousy of others drives me crazy.''

           ''No one upstages the most talented siren in the Mystic Isles,'' Sirena growled.

          ''No one's upstages me, yet,'' White teased.

           Sirena let out a scream. Purple sound waves pushed everyone back. The sound was a banshee to the extreme. Lena and White seemed the most in pain. 

          ''Siren scream against other sirens, not a good combo,'' Lena says.

         ''I take back what I said at Far Frozen, this is so much worse than Lena's song messed up by the harvest moon,'' White said.

          ''She needs to be upstaged herself,'' Ember said.

          She took out her guitar and strum a power cord. Energy fists came out and blasted Sirena into the wall. 

         ''You'll pay for that, pop princess,'' the siren growled.

         An arrow of light shot her in the shoulder. White was most certainly loving his new bow. He pulled back the string and another arrow of light appeared, ready to be fired. Danny raised his sword. Valerie, Jazz, Tucker, Sam, Sarah, Ember, the Bat bros, and Lena also surrounded her.

         ''You can't take on all of us,'' Danny says.

         ''I won't have to,'' Sirena smirked. ''You'll destroy each other.''

         She started singing again. None of them had time to cover their ears as the song washed over them. Some of them got red eyes, red with rage. White, Lena, Danny, and Nightwing were the only ones not effected.

         ''Why are you fine,'' Lena asked the hero.

         ''Bat ear phones, never leave home without them,'' Nightwing says. ''Especially ever since that diabolical with Music Meister.'' 

         ''What do we do,'' Danny asked.

        ''The two of us can handle these guys,'' Nightwing said, ducking a bird-a-rang from Tim. ''Let the sirens deal with Sirena.''

          Not that they had a choice. Cause two seconds later, Danny was pushed into a wall by a very pissed off Sarah as she tried to bite his neck. Nightwing then had to deal with Damian, who was about to go all assassin on everyone.

         ''You sing, and i'll distract her,'' White ordered.

          White charged the siren. While she fought him, she kept up her song by humming and simple ''oooo.'' She would dodge his arrows while he would move aside from her slashes. Sirens may have bird wings, but her nails were like a bird's claws.

         ''Flowers bloom, bloom. And cherry sweet perfume. Flowers bloom, bloom. So many things to see. This sweet serenity soothes my mind, soothes my soul,'' Lena sang.

        Pink sound waves joined the purple ones. The connection of the different songs was creating a different effect of everyone. It was giving them one heck of a headache. And a seriously pissed off Sirena pushed White onto the ground.

         ''You can't keep me quiet,'' she screamed.

         She breathed a breath of purple smoke into White's smoke. She then screamed at Lena, who countered with a song. The two sound waves washed over the sirens. In the end, Lena was just more powerful. Sirena lit up pink and exploded into flower petals.

         ''So much for that psycho songstress,'' Danny said. ''Sarah, you can get off me, now.''

         ''Sorry, Danny,'' the vampire apologized.

        ''Huh, so this is what a migraine feels like,'' Tucker says, holding his head.

         Nightwing went over to White as he weakly got up.

          ''Are you okay, White,'' he asked his brother.

         White opened his mouth to respond, but nothing came out. He tried again, and again nothing. He clutched his throat.

          ''Oh dear gods,'' Lena swore.

          ''That smoke took his voice away,'' Dick realized.