Prologue

A/N: This is a spin-off story. If you haven't read "The Girl Who Stutters, and The Boy Who Mutters" then I suggest you read that before reading this unless you want a bunch of spoilers. Happy reading!

Daniel's P.O.V.

I look around my room, hoping that I'm not forgetting about anything before I leave. I grab my two suitcases and lug them out to the car before running back inside to grab my phone and the charger. I quickly turn all of the lights off and lock the doors. 

I look around outside and see nothing but snow. I knew that it was supposed to snow today but I didn't know that it was supposed to be this bad. I zip up my coat and trudge through the snow, smiling for no reason as I look around. 

I feel my phone vibrate in my pocket as I climb into the driver's seat. I turn the car on and rub my hands together to generate a little more warmth before I pull my phone out to see who's texted me. I tilt my head when I see that it's none other than my brother Scott. 

Sir Rogers the second: Don't forget your plane ticket like you did last time. You know what happened last time.

Ah, that's what I forgot! I climb out of the car and run into the kitchen to retrieve the plane ticket that I left on the counter. I grab it and run back out to the car, ready to finally set off on an adventure. 

Every year Scott and his wife Abby host a Christmas dinner for everyone. Which means that I have to make the fifteen hour trip down to Michigan each year. And since I live in the middle of nowhere I have to first driver the three hours out to the airport that I always fly from. 

"Okay Daniel," I say to myself as I back out of the driveway and attempt to see out of the window. "All you have to do is get there without crashing. You've already crashed two times before and that was definitely no fun."

I drive down the very desolate street with the faint sound of the radio playing in the background. I can barely see anything as I squint out the window and at the completely white landscape. Even most of the road signs are covered in a thick layer of snow. I reach over and grab a protein bar to eat since I missed breakfast this morning. As I'm in the middle of shoving the bar into my mouth I hear my phone start to ring. I groan as I set down my protein bar and grab my phone, answering it without looking to see it is. 

"Wedo," I answer as I struggle to chew my food and answer the phone at the same time. I choke a little bit on the food, but quickly recover and swallow it as fast as I can. 

"Did you get my text?" I hear Scott ask on the other end of the line. I roll my eyes at my overly worried brother. "You didn't forget your plane ticket again right?"

"Of course not," I say even though I almost did. "You don't have to remind me everytime Dad."

"Don't call me that," he groans. "I'm just checking. You know how Mom gets about these things. She wants the family to get together at least three times a year, especially since Abby and I just had Nathan."