Twenty-Six

The Penguins had all arrived to their hotel in Ottawa after their game in Washington. They lost to the Capitals, and there was a bitter taste in their mouths due to it. Everyone was tired as they trudged to their rooms. Playing back to back games was always exhausting, just the fact alone there wasn't much time to sleep in between.

Emerson struggled to get the key card into the door, her eyes beginning to fall. Her eye lids were heavy, body beginning to sway as her legs felt extra weak.

A large, warm hand placed itself over hers; the feeling of a body pressed up against her sent a wave of comfort over her.

"Let me hun." Sidney said softly. He could tell she was struggling and wanted to make sure she actually made it to the bed.

"Mmm." Emerson sighed leaning back into the older man's body.

Emerson's whole head was groggy, her eyes slightly blurry. Each step into the room she took, she felt out of it and unable to focus on everything around her. Sidney though, kept a hand on his girlfriend's back to help steady her. He knew that when she was tired.. there was no doing anything with her. But that was okay, she was precious in his eyes like this,

"Sid I need to change..." her bags were sitting at the end of the bed while Sidney put his by the door. He didn't think dating for almost three days would make it appropriate to sleep in the same room. Or be there as she changed..

"Let me leave-"

"No Sid... I'm so tired." The young girl stood there with her arms wrapped around herself, hair laying limp down her back. She let out a soft yawn making her look extra vulnerable in Sidney's eyes.

"I'll stay for a little bit. Just to make sure you're okay."

"Thank you.." her voice was quiet as she went to rub her eyes, "c-could you unzip my dress please? So I can put a shirt on-"

"Of course." he hesitated once more, "I'll just grab one for you, eh?"

"Yeah.."

Sidney knew there wasn't any harm in this, Emerson was on the verge of passing out from exhaustion and all he wanted to do was make sure she was okay. And as her boyfriend he felt better about this situation than before when he'd be with her. Emerson was his, so he couldn't feel any shame for seeing her in this state.

Sidney felt a lump in this throat as she stripped off her dress and bra, pulling on the large shirt. Even with her back to him he felt himself forced to shift on the balls of his feet in discomfort.. Her old Boston College t-shirt rode just above her thighs and any type of movement would reveal her plain black panties to him. Emerson placed herself against Sidney's chest, wrapping her arms around his upper body. She felt content placing her head against him while closing her eyes, taking in the warmth he provided her.

The Captain couldn't help but chuckle looking down at her against him. It was effortless, but he lifted her up so he could place her down onto the bed. She was very light, and placing her body onto the white sheets she looked angelic. Her eyes were closed, hair laid down onto the pillow framing her pale face. Sidney pulled the covers over her shoulders so she'd be more comfortable.

As he went to leave her, she muttered out, "will you stay?"

Sid sat down on the edge of the bed and carefully ran his fingers through her soft brown locks, "You're tired Ems."

"Please..." she whined, a desperate attempt in her sleepy state.

"Until you fall asleep, okay?"

"Okay." that was good enough for her as she nussled into the covers even further, content with her loves presence sitting right there with his hand running through her hair gently. Her whole body felt relief and like she was in heaven as she began to drift off to sleep.