Prologue

**Izuku/Deku POV**

"Young man, you too can become a hero."

By this point, I was on my knees crying my eyes out. My idol has just told me that I can become a hero. Just like him. "Now, will you accept my quirk and make it your own?" All Might said with a determined tone in his voice. I looked up at him with teary eyes, but a determined expression.

"I will do whatever it takes!"

From that point on, I began a rigorous training program to build my body into a suitable vessel for One For All. I trained for ten months in preparation for the UA entrance exam. On the day of the exam, it was time. All Might walked up to me and pulled out a strand of his hair.

"Eat this." He said with his signature smile plastered on his face.

I was just confused. "What?" I asked. "You have to ingest my DNA for it to work." He replied. I was still just as confused as before, but I swallowed my pride and took the hair and ate it. Wow. It even tastes heroic! I thought to myself, surprised. "It should kick in in about 3 hours or so." All Might said with a look of satisfaction on his face. "Now get going. You're gonna be late!"

"Yes sir!" I replied, almost tearing up again.

I have a quirk now. I strolled off the beach with bolstered confidence and an optimistic spirit.

I was ready.