Art Class - Part 2

Josh's point of view

"Agh, I can't believe that our art exam is today!" My girlfriend of one day, Y/N, grumbles as we enter our high school.
"I know! Three freakin' days of just PAINTING!" I sigh.
"Why did we pick Art again?" Y/N asks me as we climb the stairs to the art rooms.
"To be quite honest with you, I just picked it because you picked it," I admit. She stops on the stairs, and frowns.
"So you're telling me that you put up with our art teacher for 3 years JUST so you could see me." She starts laughing, and I blush.
"Well, if I'm honest with you, I wasn't going to be in your class; I was in Miss Kelly's class, but I managed to persuade her to do a reshuffle."
"Oh, how did you do that?"
"I made a sob story," I chuckle.
"No freakin' way!" Y/N laughs, lightly hitting my arm.
"Yeah," I say. I then check the time on my phone. "Crap! We're late!"
We dash upstairs and reach the Art corridor. We then walk into the classroom, set up our art materials, and then sit in our seats, physically ready to start the exam (but not mentally ready).
"Good luck," I whisper to Y/N.
"Thanks," she whispers back.
Then Day 1/3 begins.

***

After what feels like 20 years of paints being applied, people talking, everyone questioning life choices, it's time to go home.
"How's your painting coming along?" Y/N asks me.
"It's brilliant, thanks. How's yours?"
Y/N sighs.
"It's all right." She looks at her paint splattered blazer.
"Art student problems," I laugh.
"See you tomorrow," Y/N says, waving at me before heading off home.
"See ya!" I call out, but I don't think she hears me.

*2 days later*

"Miss, I think I've finished," Y/N says to our art teacher. Me and Y/N promised to not look at each other's work until we were finished. Our art teacher pins it up on the board, and I cannot help but gasp.
She painted me and Travis Barker both playing the drums together.

(^ This is my actual GCSE painting that I painted as my artwork

(^ This is my actual GCSE painting that I painted as my artwork. I got a D for it which sucks because I stayed behind for hours to finish it off).

"Wow!" I say. The teacher pins my painting up next to Y/N's painting, and this time it's Y/N who gasps; I painted her looking thoughtfully at the piano that she's playing, the bright blue sky behind her, so she looks like she's got her head in the clouds.
"It's perfect," Y/N breaths.
"Well, I wouldn't go that far!" The art teacher scoffs. I ignore her comment.
"Yeah. It really is gosh darn perfect," I agree with Y/N. We're smiling proudly at each other.