"Reese," Mom spoke up, "would you like some tea?"

"No thanks, mamá," I declined.

She nodded and finished prepping the cups she had. Afterwards, she gave one to Hunter, then said, "I have some for Ben too."

"I'll give it to him," I said immediately, standing up. She smiled and handed me his cup with a napkin.

"Make sure he eats something," Hunter said before blowing the steam away from his tea.

"Sure thing," I said, already walking down the hallway. When I got to my bedroom, I knocked on my door and waited for Ben's reply. Softly, he said, "Come in," and I turned the doorknob.

Inside, Ben sat on my bed with one of my pillows in his arms. I shut the door with my foot and told him, "My mom made you tea."

"That's sweet of her," he said, flashing a small smile. I carefully handed him his cup and he blew on it to cool it down.

As I sat at my desk, I took a look at the clothes I gave to him. They were definitely a little baggy, but he looked comfortable, and that's all I wanted. I'm sure he won't give them back, so I picked something I wouldn't miss, and something he wouldn't mind keeping. As for me, I hadn't changed out of my clothes from the concert, but I barely wanted to have Ben out of my sight. He was in such a pleasant mood earlier, but now he's rattled, anxious, and exhausted. I hate seeing him this way. He shouldn't have to be.

"Do you want to tell me what happened?" I inquired hesitantly.

Ben finally took a sip of his tea, then clutched the cup tightly in his hands. "I don't want to talk about it."

Although I was bothered, I just nodded and shut my mouth.

After a few minutes of sitting in complete silence, I remarked, "You should eat something. What do you want?"

"I'm not hungry.."

"You have to eat."

Ben shook his head and kept his eyes on his cup of tea. "Reese...you know I can't stay here for long."

"I...I know," I mumbled.

"I wish I could spend the night, I really do. Unfortunately, I have to go back home soon and report what happened. I should've done so already."

"Mhmm..."

Another moment of pure silence. This time I could feel Ben's gaze on me. He asked, "What's wrong?"

I shook my head. "It's not a big deal."

"Reese, tell me."

Defeated, I sat up in my chair and scooted it towards the blonde wraith. "I don't want you to go."

"I have to..."

"When will I see you again?"

He pursed his lips apologetically. "I don't know."

"You have to give me something," I said.

He furrowed his brow and answered, "I'm not sure if I can yet. I don't know what'll happen."

I clutched onto the edge of my bed and added, "Ben, give me something. I need to know when I can see you again."

"I can't know right now for sure," he groaned.

"Please, stay for this one night," I pleaded. "You need to rest. I know you won't when you go home."

"I'll be fine," he insisted.

"Just stay, Ben. Please. Rest up."

"I'm plenty rested. I need to go," Ben stated.

Scanning his face, I argued, "You're completely exhausted. Your skin is pale, your eyes are dull, and you're still shaky. Stay here. I need you to stay here."