Chapter 16

Drew had thought Sage was hit but she wasn't.

"Drew she's out cold" Reagan says shining a light in Sages eyes hoping for a reaction.

"We gotta move" Drew says. Reagan, Amira get these people up and moving I got Sage" Drew says picking Sage up in his arms.

"Drew" Rick calls out.

"In here" he calls back.

"What happened to her" Rick asks.

"Long story" Reagan replies as they make there way out of the building to safety.

xxxxxxxxxx

"We need to get scans" Drew says as they wheel Sage in on a stretcher.

"Take her on up" Mollie says.

xxxxxxxxxx

When Sage finally wakes up Drew Megan is asleep on the bed with her Brianna asleep on a chair next to her.

"Sage I'm so sorry" Jordan says walking in.

"What is it?" She asks.

"We caught it early so Scott can fix it. You have a small tumor in your brain" Jordan says.

xxxxxxxxxx

Sage was sad and frustrated. So she headed to the one place that meant the world to her. The pediatric oncology ward.

She saw Drew there.

"You came" one of the kids says. 

"Drew what did you tell them" Sage asks.

"He told us you were going through what we are and we asked him if we could see you cause we wanted to sing with you" Karen says.

"Glorious?" Sage asks sitting gown at the piano.

"Yeah" Karen responds

"I feel glorious, glorious
Got a chance to start again
I was born for this, born for this
It's who I am, how could I forget?
I made it through the darkest part of the night
And now I see the sunrise
Now I feel glorious, glorious
I feel glorious, glorious

We gon' be alright, put that on my life
When I open my eyes, hope I see you shine
We're planting a flag they don't understand
The world is up for grabs
We gon' be alright, put that on my life
When I open my eyes, hope I see you shine
We're planting a flag they don't understand
The world is up for grabs

I feel glorious, glorious
Got a chance to start again
I was born for this, born for this
It's who I am, how could I forget?
I made it through the darkest part of the night
And now I see the sunrise
Now I feel glorious, glorious
I feel glorious, glorious" Sage sings with the kids Drew smiling.

"Guys if you an Fight and beat this cancer you can bet your ass I will to" Sage says.

"Cause your glorious" One of the kids joke.

"That right Harold" Sage responds.

"They have you scheduled for surgery tomorrow" Drew says.

"So when I'm better I'll come sing with you guys again I promise.

xxxxxxxxxx

"I'm sorry about yesterday" Reagan says when she runs into Drew whom she was looking for in the ER. "How's your sister?"

"Not great?" Drew replies.

"Care to reiterate?" Reagan asks.

"We caught it early, but she has brain cancer" Drew says holding back the rivers that want to rush out of his eyes.

"I'm so sorry" Reagan says "What's that"

"My husbands old ranger tab" Drew responds "he gave it to me for good luck yesterday. And I'm heading off to ranger school. I just feel like he doesn't want me to go"

"My tab cost me. My family and relationships. Instead of being there for my fiancé I was training nonstop. My daughter won't even speak to me so find out is it really worth the hardship for a title" Reagan says.

"Come to the party tonight. Bella and Kenny's engagement party" Drew says. 

"Ok" Reagan responds

xxxxxxxxxx

"They want me to do a speech" Sage says.

"Are you gonna tell them" Drew asks.

"Yeah I will" Sage replies. "I could use a drink though"

"You should not. Remember you have surgery" Drew says making Sage remember.

"Whatever" she says leaving heading to the dance floor.

xxxxxxxxxx

"So I was asked by my good friend Kenny to give a speech. But fort there's something I need to share with some of you. Now yesterday when we were at the University I blacked out, I'm having surgery tomorrow to remove. . . I can't do this" Sage says running out.
Drew running out after her.

"Anyone know what she was gonna say" Kenny asks concerned.

Jordan steps forward.

"She has brain cancer, that was caught really early so she should be fine" Jordan says stepping back.