Chapter 9

(This is Ashokan Farewell)

"Hey Jack do you know where I can find Captain Kara Riley?" Sage asks.

"She's over there in the motor yard working in a Humvee. We're gonna start the fire in 10 minutes." Jack says.

Sage runs to the motor yard looking for a women working on a vehicle.

"Captain Kara Riley?" Sage asks questioningly.

"Who's asking? The women asks turning around. She was tallish five foot one and a half. Shoulder length hair color of gold. Skinny in size.

"Your daughter Melissa made friends with my niece. She wanted me to give these to you. Se was also hoping to get a skype from you. My brother and I are gonna Skype with her in a hour to an hour and a half if you'd like to join us. Melissa will probably be there" Sage says handing the letters and paintings as well as the drum sticks to Kara.

"I'll come with you" she says shutting the humvee.

They both make there way back the the bunk area where a few of the boys had started a fire.

"Hey Drew, meet Melissa's mom Kara Riley" Sage says walking up in her brothers direction.

"Nice to meet you" Drew says.

"Do you know who owns the guitar in the girls bunk?" Sage asks.

"I do" Kara replies.

"You know any songs by heart?" Sage asks. "Actually never mind I brought music song books so I can practice reading. I also write in the notes so. I have a guitar book."

"Awesome what do you play?" Kara asks.

"Cello" Sage replies heading with Kara to the bunk to grab their instruments.

"Hey we got chairs set up for you two by the fire" Drew yells the girls emerging from the tent moments later.

Sage sets up the music stands she brought putting them a distance from the fire. She flips through the book. Looking at the music.

"Let's play here comes the sun" Kara suggests.

"Do you want a moment to try it?" Sage asks.

"Yeah" she replies.

That's when Jack and a few of his men come over.

"When's the show gonna start" He jokes.

"When we decide to" Sage remarks.

"I'm ready" Kara says a few minutes later.

"Alright we'll go 1 and 2 and 3 and 4 and" Sage says.

"Ok, you count" Kara says.

"1 and 2 and 3 and 4 and" Sage says as the two start playing.

"Damn Alister you never cease to amaze" Jack says.

"I'm gonna take a break" Kara says.