Chapter 4

Two days later
Sage Alister was running around the ER helping her brother with patients. But mostly keeping an eye on him. He still wasn't totally recovered from the MMA fight but he wouldn't let himself be found at his house on the couch watching tv. That just wasn't him.

"Ready for our break?" Drew asked.

As Sage was going to respond however who phone went of.

"Hello" Sage said to the caller on the other end of the line.

"Hey babe I'm, I'm coming home" the man said.

"Dude I said it was over if you went back." She says, Drew could tell the confusion and annoyance in her voice.

"Please just meet me at the 35th street diner at noon tomorrow" he says.

"What was that about" Drew says raising a brow.

"The Ex who went back to Afghanistan is back and wants to meet with me" Sage says.

"You gonna go? I can go with you if you want?" Drew offers.

"Yeah I'd appreciate that" she says. Grateful to have a brother like Drew Sage was. He was always there for her. Even when she didn't think she need him.

"Hey guys" Ananya says entering the tailgate.

"What're you doing this is for night shift staff" Drew asks.

"I'm got another job, part time. I work here taking pictures for posters and billboards that are going to be around town. The senator wants this hospital to be the face of all hospitals here in San Antonio. He wants me to take the pictures and make the posters. But I'm not much great at graphic design so I need to find someone who is" Ananya announces.

"That's so great oh my gosh, and I think I know someone. Sage?" Drew says giving his sister a look.

"I want you to me featured in them" She says to the Alisters.

"Uhhh ok I'll help." Sage says.

"We need patients consent if they are in them though" Drew says.

"I know I have consent forms being given to all patients starting in 30 minutes when your break is over." Ananya says.

"Drew, Sage we need you in the ER stat" Jordan pages.

"Let's roll" Ananya says grabbing her camera bag heading to the ER with the two doctors.

"What do we got?" Drew asks.

"We need you to go out in the chopper. You'll be briefed in the chopper. It's pretty bad they have ambos on scene but they need help."

"Drew grab some meds from the pharmacy I'll grab our bags and coats" Sage says.

"Ananya you gonna go with them?" Jordan asks

"Can I?" Ananya asks

"You're coming" Sage says throwing her an San Antonio memorial firemen like jacket they all were when out in the field.