Chapter Fifty-Eight

Start from the beginning

    She has been so loyal to him that she respects each of his wishes even at the cost of her comfort.

    I am again gripped by guilt seeing as how I did not just ruin Zach, the twins, Tyler, and the blonde...I also ruined my other side. I was so blinded of self preservation that I didn't tend to her needs and wishes. I pushed her away and shut her out every time she tries to coax me to listen to Zach's side of the story. I didn't listen to her! And now, she suffers the consequences of my actions and ignorance.

    'I'm sorry' I reached out to her but she snapped at me with descended fangs. I withdrawed my hand in hurt as she regards me with such disappointment and pain. The action has me in a full blown cry, having my other side detaching from me and suffering my mistakes. There is nothing more painful than having your side snap at you.

    I wiped the tears that's blurring my vision, having to crash in a wall at the process. The force has my elbows bruising but I welcomed the pain. Anything to keep me off the pain inside me. I'm really a coward; always running away from the pain.

    My breathing turned to short puffs as I descended the stairs, praying to the goddess to just have a chance of at least an apology and goodbye to Zach.

    I don't want our last talk and meeting to be the one we had in the underground basement. I don't want any last meeting at all! I want him in my life. I need him in my life!

    If he really means what he said in the basement, then I at least want to have a last chance in knowing his condition and apologize. If he doesn't want me anymore, I'm fine with that. I just can't have him leaving me forever. It's fine if he doesn't want me as a girlfriend, fiancé, or wife...I just want to be in his life. I just want to have one last chance!

    But do you deserve that chance?

    I clenched my fists at that question, feeling so much dread when I saw Edmund close the door of Zach's limo in the window.

    "No!" I shouted as I ran even faster. Pushing the golden double doors open, I ran to where the limo is as Edmund started it.

    "Zach!" I called out as I try to chase after it. The limo started to move as I ran after it in the streets. My feet moved even faster as I push myself to my limit, not letting go of that one last chance to at least say goodbye.

    "Edmund stop the car!" I called out but he looks like he doesn't hear me or even know me at all. "Edmund!" I screamed louder as the limo gained more distance.

    Panting, I put all my remaining energy as I run even faster after the limo. Reaching my hand out, it took everything in me not to surrender at the pain as I stretch my body to the fullest just to grab the tail of the limo.

    "Zach!" I called as I run even faster so that I am beside his window. "Zach please stop the car. I need to talk to you" I called out to him, ignoring the ringing in my ear as he just ignores me with a painful look on his face.

    "Zach please!" I called out desperately as I feel myself losing my grip on the limo.

    I panted even harder as I try to keep in pace with the limo, my strength slowly slipping away.

    "Zach! Zach PLEASE!" I screamed out desperately, banging my slightly bloodied palms in his window. "Zach please I need to talk to you!!" I kept banging as my legs keep shaking with the exhaustion that's slowly sinking in.

    "ZACH!" I called out one last time, reaching my limits as my heart constricted in pain. He said something to Edmund before the limo revved even faster and I cried helplessly as my grip on the limo slowly slipped away.

     "Zach NO!!!" I cried out loud in pain as fell on my knees in the middle of the road. My legs and knees shaking and bleeding like my heart; watching the limo disappear in the distance as tear after tear drop in the paved road that only experiences the feeling of car tires, sun heat, and rain but never the pain of the tears.

    I kept crying, screaming, calling out to him to come back...to listen to me.

    But he's gone. He's not coming back anymore. He's in that limo I tried so hard to chase and stop, probably in the city right now. And probably, in his new future.

    The thought has me crying even harder, crouched in the middle of the road even when rain starts pouring.

    Looking up at the sad gray sky, I screamed; letting everyone out there know how broken I am...how hurt I am to the deepest part of my soul.

    He's gone. He's really gone. And I never got the chance to talk to him one last time.

    Is this how he felt with me? The need to talk, the need to explain everything only to be ran away from, to be ignored and shut out?

    This is karma huh?

    Chance, why are you so cruel to me?

↭↭↭↭↭↭↭↭↭↭↭↭↭↭↭↭↭↭↭↭↭↭↭↭↭↭↭↭↭↭↭↭

    AN: *sniffles* 😢 No need to act strong. I really did cry in this chapter. 😢😢

    How's it?

❤MA_011