Chapter 14- Against it

"So, what's the plan for today?" Dean asks, handing you a cup of coffee.
  "Well... I was planning on coming with you and Sam tomorrow, to Arkansas..." you say. He shares a look with Sam.
"Kiddo, your already 8 months in, you should be resting." He says.
  "Are you kidding me, do you know how much energy this baby is kicking through me?! I've been working on the Leviathan cases with you guys since, I don't know, since they happened!" You plead, he shakes his head.
"This is different shorty... You can't even see your feet over your stomach and your ankles are swollen, you need to chillax till this baby pops." He says, you grunt and lean back in your chair in defeat.
  "But I feel fine..." you whine.
"Dean is right..." Cas chimes in. You raise your hands up.
  "Ok everybody team up, Sam?! Are you on their side too?!" You testify.
"Y/n... They have a point." He says.
  You get up in your chair and walk to the doorway.
  "Whatever! I need to pee... Good. Day." You flip them off jokingly but mad that they all think you should take a break from hunting.
  Once back at the table, you chime in on the boys' conversation.
  "I heard another Leviathan case, that sounds fun... or you know, Trish's office cause she's practically my only friend and you three won't let me do anything..." you smile.
"I will take you to Trish's if it makes you happy." Cas says.
  "Lets go then." You grab your things and Cas grabs your shoulder.
"Hello!" Trish greets you cheerfully.
"Hey Trish. Ok, I'm going to finish research with Sam and Dean, call me when your not mad at us." He says.
  "So... Basically when I can go back to work?"
"Y/n..."
  "I'm joking, get back to work you little lover boy." You slap him on the ass, giving him a quick kiss before he flies off.
"So, I take it you've been out voted?" Trish asks, you plop yourself in a spinny-chair and cross your legs on the desk.
  "They said I can't go hunting anymore... I mean I'm obviously going to annoy my way into them letting me on at least one more case... but c'mon! I feel fine!" You argue.
"My advice would be to take the time off as well. Stress can harm the baby." She says. You groan and lean back in your chair.
  "Ugh! I don't agree." You grin.
  She pulls up some notes on her computer and turns to you.
"Actually, Y/n, there's something I've been meaning to speak to you about..." She says.
  "Go on...?" You sit up.
"Well... I did some research on your grace, and you know how Castiel had said to you that the grace you had found and your actual body were extremely close?". You nod.
"That's because it was your grace to begin with... well, and your mothers. You said that your mom was formally an angel, we were actually in the same garrison at one point. Besides the fact, after she went to earth, she extracted her grace and gave it to you when you were born... soon after she realized that was a mistake and planted it as the tree you initially found it in." She says. You sit in amazement for a moment.
  "That puts things into perspective so much now... wow Trish, I can't say I'm not impressed you found all of that out. Thank you." You say, she smiles.
"Anything for a friend... now, I have some more information on the Leviathans. Their order of appearance is strange, but we can't stop until every last one of them is back in purgatory." She shrugs.
  "I wish someone could destroy the portal... who wants to volunteer to go to purgatory and shut it?!" You ask with a chuckle, you both put your finger on your nose.

***

  "I'm ready to not be mad at you anymore." You say sweetly through the phone.
"Ok... either your hungry, you want to cuddle, or you actually forgive us..." Cas lists off the usual.
  "All of the above, now get your feathery ass here and pick me up." You say and hang up with a click as Cas appears.
  "I'll see you later, Trish." You wave.
"See you then, thanks for stopping by." She grins kindly.
  Once returning back tit he bunker, you look up at Cas. "Are the boys home?" Your ask. "I believe so.". You smile mischievously.
  "Oh Saaaa-aaammm." You call as you swing around the doorway.
"I don't want any cookies." He hides behind his lap top jokingly.
  "Would you like to be the greatest older brother of all time?" You sit your head on your hands.
"What do you need this time sis?"
  "Grab me some a hot dogs and a strawberry milkshake from that diner down the road."
"And what am I gonna get out of it...?" A hug and my money cause I'm paying.
"If your paying, grab me a bacon burger." Dean walks into the room.
  "Y'know what, just... here, use this, grab dinner, I don't care what you guys get." You hand him your wallet.
"Sounds good to me, we'll be back." Dean grabs the wallet off of the table. As they walk out the door you walk over to Cas and gracefully lay across his lap on the chair.
"So... Trish tells me that you and her are going on a Leviathan hunt together... tomorrow..." you wink at him.
"Y/n your about to have a baby!"
"Ohh shut up. I have another month and I'm feeling more energetic than I have in the past eight months!" You throw your hands up in emphasis.
"Pleeeaaaseee my loving amazing angel partner person can I commeee." You beg, straddling him and fluttering your eyelashes once again with your hands crossed.
"Y/n...." he says softly.
"Cas I'll be careful I promise, I'll stay out of the way when I need to." You plead.
"Only if you do what you just said."
"Finally! Thank you." You hug him tightly with a laugh of achievement.

***

The next day

"Are you almost ready?" Cas asks.
"Oh... I thought we weren't leaving till noon. I have someone to meet up with before we go..." you say, he tilts his head.
"And that is... who?" He asks. Today was your last checkup with your doctor before the baby was supposed to come, and you have yet to tell the boys about him.
  "I've been seeing a doctor... to checkup on the baby." You say.
"Why haven't you told me, I could've taken you all this time?" He asks. You shrug and sit back down.
  "I don't know, I didn't want to I guess."
"Well I'm coming with you this time." He grabs your bag.
  "Fine, lets go then."

***

  After arriving at the doctors you walk in to his office.
"Hello Y/n! Ah, this must be Castiel! Pleasure to finally meet you." The doctor walks over to Cas and holds his hand out. Cas stands there silently before awkwardly shaking his hand.
"...Nice to meet you too." He greets not really knowing how.
"Such a shame... this is our last meeting together before little miss Callie comes!" He says, Cas looks at you.
"Callie?" He asks. You sigh unnoticeably and nod your head.
  "I'll explain everything in the car." You say.
"Well the gang is all here and you were scheduled for an ultrasound today...".
  "Yep..." you say awkwardly. The tension in the room grew weird as you and Cas just stood there for a moment. 
"Well if you come sit over here we can gladly start." The doc pats his hand on a table and helps you up.
  After starting the ultrasound you watch Cas's face change to different expressions.
"Is-... is that her?" He asks.
"Yep, that's her right there." The doctor points at the screen.
  You felt awkward having Cas there for some reason, but after seeing how excited he was to look at the baby you eased up a bit.
  "I actually haven't looked at any of the ultra sounds before..." you say.
"That's right, you haven't wanted to see the screen this whole time. Would you like to now?" The doctor asks, you nod solemnly as he turns the screen in your direction.
  "Wow, that's so... weird." You laugh a bit. Cas holds your hand as you whatch the screen in amazement together.