Day 372: Saturday 2nd September 2017 20:52

https://www.facebook.com/lukesdiary/posts/338830563224590

Day 372
Saturday 2nd September 2017 20:52

We drove out to the car plant today to see The Traders but we got a surprise when we arrived and we got another surprise when we returned to the pub.

In the morning Naomi and TJ took one of the vans and drove back to the area around Dumpville to look for Seth, Mia and Amelia. Mike and I drove out in Panda's jeep to the car plant.

On route to the car plant Mike was asking me what we were going to do when we arrived. "Well we can ask if they've seen Seth or any other survivors," I said, "I suppose we could bring them back with us." "You what?" said Mike, sounding worried, "Bring all those cannibals back with us? They won't all fit in the jeep." "Well we can't just leave them there," I said, "It's a sh*thole under that car plant. We have to do something." "But there's not enough room back at the pub," said Mike. "Oh Mike, I don't know," I said, "Let's just get there first and then decide what to do."

We drove for a while longer and noticed a large bellow of black smoke in the distance. I thought it was miles away but as we carried on driving I realised that the smoke was coming from somewhere near the car plant. "Oh God," I said, "You don't think that's the car plant do you?" "Nah," said Mike, "It's miles away. "I don't think it is you know," I said sounding worried. As we continued driving I started to feel anxious – and I had good reason to be. We drove closer towards the car plant but put the brakes on when we saw the scene of devastation in front of us. Mike and I looked ahead in shock. A tingle ran down my spine and my mouth dropped open as I looked ahead at the disastrous destruction before me. The car plant was destroyed and I mean totally destroyed. The large industrial gates looked like they been blown apart, parts of the buildings had had holes blown in them and the whole facility was on fire. It looked like a war zone and to make things worse the whole area had hundreds of zombies. "God," I said, sounding horrified, "What the Hell happened?" "I bet this is the work of ACROBAT," said Mike. "Why the Hell would they want to destroy the car plant?" I said, sounding confused. "Who knows why those dirty squealers do what they do?" vented Mike. "The noise and the smoke must have attracted the infected," I said, "I wonder if Anne and her people are OK." "I doubt it," said Mike, "Look at that place. Whoever's over there is either dead or infected. Char-grilled cannibals. Ugh." "They might not be dead," I said, "Anne and her people were really deep underground, they might be OK. Seth, Mia and Amelia might be there." "Luke, look at the place," said Mike, "No one could survive that. I'm sorry but if they WERE there they're dead." "Well we can't just sit here and keep staring," I said, "We have to do something." "Well I think we should drive down there and kill all the dirty piggies," said Mike, "Just mow into the filthy little oinkers, slam 'em into the ground, drive over their heads and crush their worthless skulls." "Mike," I said, "If we go down there it's to look for Anne and the others, not to kill the infected." All of a sudden a bloody hand slammed on to the exterior of the driver's window leaving a gruesome looking hand print. Mike and I both gave terrifying screams, although Mike's scream was slightly less girly than mine. I looked out of the window and saw a young woman in her twenties laid on the road. Mike and I excited the vehicle and stood over the woman who looked exhausted and traumatised. She had long scraggly brown hair, a scruffy looking checked shirt and grubby blue jeans. She had bad burns on her left arm and on the left side of her face. She was panting like she'd been running for ages. "Are you OK?" asked Mike. I rolled my eyes and looked at Mike as if he was asking a stupidly obvious question. "Well that's a f*cking stupid question," said the girl, trying to control her breathing "Do I look OK?" "Were you at the car plant?" I asked, "Are you one of The Traders?" The woman nodded but seemed cautious. "What's your name?" I asked. "Laura," said the woman, "Laura Ford." I reached out my hand offering to pull Laura up but she jumped back and seemed nervous and wary. "What's up?" I asked. "Are you with them?" asked Laura. "Who?" asked Mike. Laura stood up and looked Mike and I up and down with a wary expression. "No," she said, "You're not them. You don't look like them." "Look like who?" asked an assertive Mike. "Those people," said Laura, sounding panicked and talking quickly, "They were dressed in these black PVC outfits. They had guns and big weapons, they blew holes into the side of the buildings. Infected just started running towards us. Some of us got infected, some of us got killed in the blast; some got burned in the fire. Flames were everywhere. There was this big explosion and I just throw to the other side of the building. I got hurt and I got burnt. It was awful. They took Anne." "Anne!" I exclaimed, "They took Anne?" Laura nodded. "I don't know why they took her, where they took her or what they wanted with her but they took her," said Laura, "They just took her. I'm the only one that got away." There was a mass of loud growls heard in the distance. We all looked down the road and saw hundreds of infected running towards us. "They're coming," said Laura. Mike gripped both of his steak knives and looked ahead at the infected hordes. "Let's kill the filthy, dirty piggies," he viciously said. "No, Mike," I firmly said, "Come on, we have to get out of here." "Pleased don't leave me," begged Laura, "Please." I saw the emotional look on Laura's face and noticed a tear roll down her face. I felt very sorry for her. I reached out my arms, held Laura's hands and gave her a warm smile. "Oh sweetheart," I said, "We're not going to leave you here. You can come with us. We've got food, water and comfy beds all under one roof. We'll look after you and make sure you're alright. You shouldn't be aloe at a time like this" "Thank you so much," said Laura, who then adjusted her collar to reveal a huge bite mark on her neck. "WHOA!" I loudly said as I quickly stopped holding Laura's hands and took a huge step back, "What the f*ck is that!?" "It's OK," said Laura, "It doesn't hurt. I'll be OK." "Doesn't hurt!?" I exclaimed, "I don't give a toss if it hurts, you've got a massive great hole in the side of your neck." "But that doesn't matter does it?" said a worried sounding Laura, "I can still come with you can't I? You said you'd look after me. You said you wouldn't just leave me here." "That was before I saw the big f*ck off bite mark in your neck you sneaky cow," I said. "You've got to help me," said Laura, "I'll be OK. I don't see what the problem is." Mike suddenly stepped forward, grabbed his steak knives and quickly plunged them both simultaneously into Laura's eyes, pushing them through to her brain causing blood to squirt all over us. Mike raised his left foot, pressed it against Laura's chest and kicked her to the ground as he retrieved the knives. "She can't see a problem or anything else now," said Mike, "Come on, let's kill some of those dirty infected piggies." "Mike we need to get out of here right now!" I shouted.