"Uhm, I—thanks." I'm not really sure if I'm asking him a question or a statement. I sat down on a rotten log and enjoyed myself with the heat coming from the fire.

"So," I initiated to ask as this awkward situation started to eat me alive. "How long do we still need to travel before getting to Berk?"

"Maybe, one or two hours more. Uhm, yeah." Hiccup nodded making his almond hair to follow but after that, he fixed it instantly.

Why is it so peaceful? I'm not used to it. Jack went somewhere for a while leaving us two behind that made it more difficult to bear with. I just have to stay quiet and all.

What will happen if we'll reach Berk? Disastrous and full of darkness. The memories began to creep up inside my head reminiscing the very first time I saw it with my bare eyes.

"Merida."

Maybe, worse. They've got stronger than that of before. There are things we may not know of and that will bring us down. Will they?

"Mer."

I was back to my senses when those brown eyes of Hiccup stared at me.

"Hey, Hic."

"You're talking to yourself."

"Really? Never got hold of it."

"Tell me."

I was startled for a while. I can't seem to find any answers, leaving me speechless. What is happening to me? This doesn't normally happen, especially, in this kind of situation.

"No need, Hiccup. I'll just let myself with it."

"Just tell me, Mer." His eyes darted mine which made me quiver in my location. This is the first time I saw this side of him. Intimidated. To the extent that I cannot answer back because of, well... I don't know.

It took me time to answer and it looks like, he never removed his stares at me.

"Okay. Okay!" I gave in. "I'm afraid of what may happen. Of what will welcome us at Berk and—and, I hate myself being a coward. Afraid and terrified."

He then laughed softly which made me look at him for some time. I got irritated at some point.

"Why are ya laughing you wee lass? Ya making fun of me?!"

"No."

"Then what?" My thick Scottish accent finally settled in.

"It's okay, Mer. It's okay to be afraid sometimes. Just like me, I'm more terrified than you thought I would be." He smiled and gave me a soothing look that relaxed me quietly.

Is it really okay? Sure, it is. Everyone feels it. Everyone.

And at that exact moment, Jack arrived with lots of woods in hand. Keeping the fire going that will keep us alive from the cold. Though, the cold never bothered him anyway.

Just a couple of minutes passed a scream from someone made us all jerk.

"No, no!"

We all exchanged stares and just before Hiccup and I about to stand up, Jack vastly flew inside the cave with a gush of wind following him.

"Hey, hey. Punzie." As we saw inside, Jack tried to wake up Rapunzel from her slumber sleeping. We can clearly hear her rapid breathing as she was afraid of something—or someone.

"It's okay." His voice echoed throughout the cave.

Rapunzel opened her eyes and showed those emeralds of hers.