The Vengeful Blade

The white cloud painted gray by the darkening sky floated peacefully past the moon, obscuring the cement surface below with a large shadow for a moment before the light shone on it once more. When it did though, it reflected off of a dark pool of liquid that had not been there moments before, one that trailed a short distance before losing its trail next to a large dumpster bin.

It would take another five dead bodies before the alarm was sounded. In all honesty, that was a pretty bad communication system. Had he been here for an infiltration mission, the target would already be dead and he would have been long gone before this alarm sounded. However, this time his target was every living being on the premise.

Actually, the alarm made it easier for him. The enemy came out in squads of two or three depending on their ranks and apparently skill levels. It saved him the trouble of having to search for them and their nearby friends, seeing as they were all nicely grouped up. Groups fell all over the area, by the time one group discovered their fallen comrades, another group nearby was down. Then it was their turn as they tried to report back.

Soon enough, all the grunts were gone. Hell, half of them probably weren't even part of the battle that had wounded Angela. However, they worked as part of the organization and that was enough of a sin for him to eliminate them.

Most of the guys were inexperienced in true combat, they had only been trained and sparred without the fear of death. Being stationed at the base was technically an easy way to get started unless there was a bloodthirsty cyborg coming. Unfortunately, they were not meant to live long enough to get the experience they needed to become capable combatants.

Even without staring into his eyes and even without the killer instinct that came from years of combat, every last victim felt the unending hatred and intent to kill intently focus upon them before the blade and shurikens struck. The calm and stealthy ninja was gone, the one that would eliminate his victim without suffering nor warning. Instead, there was a demon hungry for blood, one that people can sense even without seeing but much too late to save themselves from his claws.

The ancient Japanese texts spoke of many gods. Among them was The Aragami, derived from the characters "ara" for malevolent and "kami" meaning God. Their power immense and their hatred unyielding, any who deemed to be an enemy was struck down without mercy and without any chance at survival.

At last he came to the locked metal door of the facility. The facility itself was not overly large, it was but an average-sized extremist mercenary force after all. His blade met the metal with a loud clang, which may have sounded satisfying to spectator had there been any but definitely not to him. He frowned at his blade before sheathing it. It definitely bothered him that the spirit of the dragon refused to beckon his call and strengthen his sword but now was not the time to ponder upon such matters.

The facility was not completely closed of course. A broken window from up high caught the guards below by surprise. As such, they quickly fell to the floor in a pool of blood. As Genji stood up, he was greeted by a phalanx of soldiers, some with shields and some with heavy armaments. Behind them stood a tall man fully equipped in armor.

"Are these all the soldiers you have remaining?"

The man nodded. "You did quite a number on us in quite a short amount of time. I would not hesitate to employ underhanded tactics and ambushes at this point to ensure my organization's survival. However, I don't even have the manpower to employ such tactics."

"How convenient."

A single dash broke their hard-light shields, though it was hardly up to military standards anyhow. The formation would have definitely been disadvantageous for Genji had the shields been anywhere as durable as Reinhardt's shield but alas that was not to be expected from the funds of a self-operated mercenary organization.