Chapter Nine

Sometimes you will never know the value of a moment until it becomes a memory.

ΔΣΔΣ

Everyone was overjoyed to have Isla back. People even brought in food, making the rejoined couple laugh. Everything was how it should be. Tsukasa was happy, Isla was happy. That's all that mattered.

Eight more years with Isla, he thought. A smile spread across his face as he looked over at her. He slipped his hand in hers, a gesture she gladly returned as she continued talking with him.

They were on their way back to their little apartment as Isla bambarded Tsukasa with questions.

"How long was I dead?" She asked suddenly.

"Um about a year now.." he replied.

"That long?" She asked more to herself, but Tsukasa still nodded. "I'm sorry, for not telling you about my life span when we first became partners."

"Don't worry about it, besides we still have eight years to spend together. Thats a lot longer than last time." Tsukasa smiled and gently nudged her. She smiled back and leaned her head on his shoulder as they walked.

Once back to the apartment, Tsukasa made them some dinner. He had started cooking a lot more and thought he had gotten a lot better.

After a bit of small talk and they had cleaned their dishes, they went to bed with Isla snuggled up against Tsukasa.

The next day, walking through the doors the couple was greeted by a pair of men in black. They stopped them, looking at Isla.

"Miss, you need to come with us." The smaller of the two stated. Tsukasa stepped in front of her protectively.

"Why do you need her?" He asked sternly. The men sighed, obviously very annoyed with the boys actions.

"We have to take her to run tests seeing as how she has some how regained her memories." The bigger one stated.

The smaller one jumped in. "If we can figure out what made this happen, we could have this happen with several giftias."

Tsukasa looked back at Isla. He didn't want to lose her. She just got back! It wasn't fair. The men noticed Tsukasa's concerned gaze and explained.

"She'll be back by the end of next week. Promise."

Isla nodded up to Tsukasa giving him a reassuring smile.

"If I'm not back by then, come look for me." She whispered, her voice slightly quivering.

The men then escorted Isla out of the building towards their car. They smirked to each other once their backs were to Tsukasa. He watched as the car pulled out of the parking lot and drove away. His heart sank knowing he would have to wait longer for Isla to come back.

ΔΣΔΣ

After so much heartbreak and suffering, I finished got you back... Only to lose you once more.