The End Of An Era

Start from the beginning

“So its like that” he said,

“Its like what,” Leila answered

“You’re actually going to give up on us.” He told her as tears flowed down his years.

“Nate.” he heard her say, her body rejected Lance and started walking towards his,

“You know what Leila,” he told her as he ran his hand through his dark hair, “I came hear thinking, that I could make it right, that you would understand…ahhh, that you would understand that I did what I did for you and your family. That you would see that from the day I walked out-which was not by choice, I didn’t stop loving you once, not once! But… you, you didn’t waste anytime did you?” he asked.

“Nate, no” she pleaded with him, “Don’t do this,” she begged

“I guess you never loved me the way that I loved you or is it how you black woman love, the people most convenient to you” he felt the back of her hand touch his face hard. He had it coming, but who cared.

“Lance leave!” Leila said in a commanding tone,

“But Leila, are you sure”

“Yes, now leave, please” without another word the brit, walked past Nathaniel and disappeared behind the golden brown doors.  “Really, that’s how you’re gong to play it, dirty”

“Well, if the shoe f…” before he finished her hand crossed his face again. He massaged it and smile.

“Don’t you fucking dare, don’t you even fucking dare play that game with me!” she yelled at him, “Not one phone call, not one fucking email, not one letter, and you want to come here expecting me to have waited on you.”

“Yes!” he yelled back. “Fucking yes! You know why, because I fucking waiting on you without words too, I didn’t know if you had moved on but god damn it I wanted for you too”

“You are a selfish bastard”

“Yeah, I am, that’s what makes you a good business man, but when it comes to you I’m greedy, I want you to myself!” he told her before grabbing her and enclosing her in his arms and lifting her up and kissing her. She hit him numerous times, wanting to be freed, but after the attempts failed, she relaxed into his arms and open for his kisses. Her hand was in his hair as his muscles sustained her. “ I love you, I love you so damn much, why the hell do you think I came back?” he asked. He felt his heart beating a thousand beats per second as she looked at him in the eyes. He felt her hand in his hair and as hey slid to his cheeks to cup them and say

“Nate, I’m sorry, I know, I know you love me,” she told him as tears flowed down her eyes, “I know, but I’ve been so angry, at myself, at you, at your parents, at myself especially. You have to understand that I never expected to have loved you this much. And…” before she could finish, Nathaniel’s lips was on hers again.

“I love you so much, tell Lance that you love me, that you want to be with me.”  He told her and Leila smiled at him,

“There is nothing to tell Lance, he is just a friend and nothing more,”

‘Leila, “he started

“I promise, he is just a friend” with that Nathaniel kissed her again, hard. He wanted to give her the world. This woman had made know unconditional love and after everything, she loved him too and never stopped. He knew that she would always be by his side, that she was trustworthy, everything that he wanted in a woman. She was perfect. Just as they kissed passionately, the door opened again, Nathaniel knew who it was, so he smile as he kissed Leila one last time and knew that it was show time.