I've Fallen and I Can't Get Up

"I've fallen and I Can't get up"

______________________

They both must have fallen asleep; but Nathaniel’s phone props Nathaniel up and he answers it. His cousin’s Mike’s voice propels loudly “where the fuck are you, I’ve been knocking on your door.” still dazed from his sleep, Nathaniel looks around the room. This isn’t his room he immediately realizes. He hears soft sighs next to him and he turns to see the female that has been driving him crazy the last few days soundly asleep.

“Uh, I fell asleep at Leila’s” Nathaniel answers as he rubs his eyes,

“What!” his cousin screams excitingly “You banged her bro, so soon? My man! Damn she turned you to the other side really fast!” realizing that his cousin’s voice might be loud enough for Leila to hear, he whispers.

“Shut you ass us you sex-driven moron, Leila’s still asleep”

“What? Did you fuck her senseless?” he asks with a chuckle.

“No ass! I just fell asleep; we didn’t have sex. And give me a minute I’ll be up there.” Nathaniel tells him before hanging up his phone.Turning his face, he watches as Leila’s breathing goes up and down, soundly. He hates that he has to wake her up this early but he wanted her to be seen by a doctor as soon as possible. Slowly he rises from the bed and walks to her side; he crouches slightly, looking at her beautiful dormant face. Hesitantly he touches her lightly, tracing the contours of her face. He wanted to touch her luscious lips, kiss them, but he snaps out of it, only giving her a slight shake by the shoulder,

“Leila, Leila, wake up” he says. Slowly her beautiful hazel eyes open to meet his, and she rubs them. “Good morning” he tells her, unable to stop smiling at her.

“Good morning” she responds to him also greeting him with a smile that makes his heart ache.

“Listen, my cousin is waiting for me upstairs, we have some things to talk about,” he explain, yet blushing at the question that he is on the brink of asking “Will you be ok dressing yourself or do you need me to help?” he ask, hoping that she would pick the alternate of dressing by herself.

“No, no, go!” she says with an embarrassing smile.

“You’ll be fine?”

“Yes, I’m sure I’ll be fine. Go speak to your cousin Nate; I don’t think you can help me in hat department” she says tapping his hand as she sits up. “Go I’ll be fine”

“Ok, but I’ll be back in thirty minutes to bring you to get you checked out deal?”

“Deal! Now go” she tells him with a bright smile and he closes the door behind him leaving Leila with a big great smile spread across her face.

Leila flops her body onto the bed; a smile on her face. Why was she so damn happy? He only fell asleep while they watched a movie. The act itself is nothing; She shouldn’t be reacting in such a childish way. Yet she cannot help it; to feel happy that he slept in her bed with her, that he had awoken her in the morning and that he will take care of her today.

After successfully basking on this morning’s event turn out, Leila manages to removes herself from her bed. The pressure on the leg stung, the pain increases as she applies more pressure to enable her to walk. Note to self; never crash into someone again. With much effort, Leila brings herself into the shower and washes herself properly. Then she finds herself a proper dress, because she makes the realization that jeans would be very hard to wear right now. She wonders if Nate had finish talking to his cousin; she wanted him with her, she couldn’t explain why, but she missed his presence.