How I "Came Out"(The First Time)

It was in 5th grade, I had identified as bisexual at the time. The reason I identified ass that is because I thought that one of my friends had become cuter over the summer, and originally thought that I was a lesbian, but I soon realized that my long-time crush I had had on a boy I knew hadn't gone away, so I looked into it, and realized I was bisexual(because I didn't understand biromantic/bisexual yet). My mom had a boyfriend, and he had a son named Izaiah, or Zai. He was four months younger than me, so I would talk to him when I wasn't at school for the weekend. Zai, Bella(my younger sister), and I would go to these dirt piles near my house, that we called, "The Mounds"(they were later turned into a tree farm), and we would talk there. We had a few rules: 1. Swearing is allowed, 2. No lying or keeping secrets from one person, everything you say is shared with everyone, and 3. Nothing said at the mounds, leaves the mounds. One day on a Saturday, we went to the Mounds, to have a catch-up chat. I had decided to tell them I was bisexual. I did, and they promised to keep it a secret. Skip to a few weeks later, and my mom had decided to take Bella, Abi(my older sister by 16 months), and I to lunch. I was excited. We went to Dairy Queen, which at the time I loved. About halfway through lunch, Bella leaned over, whispered something in my mom's ear, she looked at me, I asked, "What?" She then said, "Bella just told me that you like boys and girls." My face was beet red. I looked at Bella, stood up, and walked over to her. She smiled and tried to block me from hitting her. I didn't hit her. I grabbed the back of her chair, dragged it over to another table, and walked back to my seat, sitting down and returning to my chicken strip meal. My mom and Abi both started laughing, and I slowly started to laugh with them. Bella dragged her chair back, and sat back down. My mom said that she was okay with me being bi, and told Bella that it wasn't her place to say that. I am now extremely happy that Bella outed me(don't get me wrong, I'm still mad that she outed me at Dairy Queen) because if she hadn't done that, I know that I would still be in the closet to this day. That is the story of how I "came out" to my mom at Dairy Queen.