Chapter 12

A/N: Hey guys! Here is Chapter 12. I should finish Chapter 13 this weekend because it is three days. As always, critics and ideas are welcome. Enjoy!

Romeo

We were able to take Farah home the next day after Juliet had her. We opened the door to our house and introduced Farah to the rooms, even though we knew she didn't understand what we were saying. We walked into the second bedroom, which was now the nursery, and put Farah in her crib because she was falling asleep when we entered the house. Juliet had fed her before we left the hospital. After Farah was put down, Juliet and I wet into the foyer, when we heard a knock at the door. "That must be our parents. Your mother told me they would come by today to talk to us," I said as I walked to the door with Juliet behind me. "Good morning darling,'' my mother said as she entered the house and placed her hand on my cheek. Behind her was my father and behind him were the Capulet's. They joined us in the foyer, and we invited them to sit. "Would anyone like something to drink?" Juliet said nervously. Everyone shook their head indicating they didn't want anything. "Romeo, Juliet, please sit," Lord Capulet said. Juliet looked at me nervously and grabbed my hand. We sat across from our parents and Juliet squeezed my hand telling me she was nervous. I wrapped my arm around her and she leaned into me, putting her head on my shoulder. I took her hand in mine and we looked at our parents indication we were ready to hear what they had to say. We didn't know what they were going to tell us, just that is was about why they were moving. Lady Capulet started the conversation, "Well as you both know, we are moving to Mantua. But you don't know why." Lord Montague took over, "And we don't want you to think that we are leaving our old life behind. Our lives have changed dramatically since you both left." Lady Montague was now joining in the conversation, "Yes, and of course we want to see you and our grandchild more, but the real reason is very well how would you say, strange." Lord Capulet knew it was his time to speak when his wife nodded to him. "Well the Prince, he was murdered."

Juliet

I jolted up from my spot on Romeo's comforting shoulder. The Prince had been murdered ? "What? How?" I asked our parents. They all just looked at each other, trying to find the next person to deliver the breaking news. Lady Montague started to speak but started crying instead. Lady Capulet took over for Lady Montague, "County Paris, well he wanted to be Prince after you turned him down, married Romeo, and fled with him." I was speechless. The man that wanted me to be his bride is a murderer? "I can't believe he would ever do that!" I said. "He is the Prince's kinsman! It's so hard to believe. Just because he couldn't have me? Is that why he killed the Prince?" Romeo took me by the shoulders and tried to calm me down. But after I found out that my parents wanted me to marry a future murderer, there was no calming me down. "Juliet, you must understand that Paris is a very selfish man and if he couldn't have you, he wanted to win something so he killed his cousin," Lord Capulet said. What? "How can you be justifying what he did? He killed and a man and you are saying it's okay? This man is not the same man that asked for my hand. He is a murderer and you are defending him!" I told them. I got out of Romeo's grasp and left the foyer. I went into Farah's room and stood over her crib. It calmed me to look at how peaceful she was, in her crib sleeping. I heard a knock at the door, followed by Farah crying. I took Farah out of her crib and cradled her as the door opened. I didn't want to talk to any of my parents right now. All I wanted was to be alone with my child. As Farah calmed down, I felt a familiar hand on my shoulder. I turned to see Romeo with his hands out, offering to take the baby. I carefully held her head and body and transferred her to her father. Romeo sat down on the furniture we had put in the room months before. I sat next to him and laid my head on his shoulder. "Our parents are gone," he quietly told me. "They saw how hard you took the news and left. But I have to ask, why did you take it so harsh?" I sat up and looked at him. "Why?" I asked him. He nodded looking up from Farah, whom he was swaying. "Because my father was justifying what Paris did. It isn't right to kill anyone, especially for something like a throne. I was just annoyed and I felt that he regretted me not marrying Paris or he was blaming me for his actions. My father said that Paris did it because he couldn't have me as his wife and made me feel like I was responsible for Prince Escalus' death." Romeo looked deep into my eyes. He could tell I was disturbed by all of this. He put his arm around me while the other held Farah, now wide awake and staring at us. Romeo wiped a tear that had slid down my face and kissed my cheek. As soon as Farah fell asleep, we put her down and stayed in her room for hours, until we both fell asleep. Romeo woke up before me and took Farah out to say goodbye to our parents at their inn. I still didn't know the full reason why they were moving to Mantua, but they were going back to Verona to pack their houses for a few months. As far as I was concerned, I didn't want to see my father. If I went to see my mother, I would be forced to see my father but if I only saw the Montagues, then I would feel forced to say goodbye to my parents. Romeo left me asleep on the sofa in Farah's room. I woke up when they arrived home and I took Farah to my room to feed her. Romeo also went to the marketplace on his way home so he made me breakfast. Farah usually falls asleep after I nurse her, so it was just me and Romeo at the table for breakfast. "How was it? Are they still moving here?" I asked Romeo and I started eating the fruit he brought back. He looked up at me and replied, "Yes, they are still moving." I looked up from my plate. I wasn't unhappy or happy at that moment. I'm glad Farah will get to grow up with her grandparents, just like both me and Romeo were lucky enough to. "Okay. Did they tell you anything. An update or something on the plan maybe?" I asked Romeo. He looked conflicted. I reached across the table a grabbed his hand reminding him he could tell me anything. "Juliet, you're going to find out sooner or later so I might as well tell you," Romeo said. "Well, as you know, Paris is now the ruler of Verona," I nodded. "But what we didn't know were his plans for the city," I looked at him and my eyes widened. "He is taking people out of their homes and leaving them on the streets. He has burned buildings the Prince had built, including homes the Prince had built for those who didn't have one. He is trying to completely destroy his cousins legacy. And your parents feel like they are next to be left on the streets because you ran away with me. My parents don't want to stay in case the Paris kicked them out too." I just stared at my plate, speechless. "When did they say they were leaving to go back to Verona?" I asked Romeo. "In an hour I believe," he responded. I stood up, "I'll be back in no more than three hours. Watch the baby. I love you." I closed the door and left.