Chapter 3

Romeo

We were off. Starting our new life and celebrating our new found love and respect for each other. I stopped walking. Juliet paused, "Whats wrong, dear Romeo?" I looked up at her, looking deeply in her eyes and told her how much I loved her, how much I cared for her, and how much I wanted to start our new life as one. She kissed me and I kissed her. In that moment I realized that this angel in my arms was my life and the one person who I have been living for my whole life, the one I have been waiting for and the only person I truly loved. We were once just two star-crossed lovers and now no one can stop us from being together. We reluctantly let go of one another, knowing it was time to continue our journey, "I love you," I breathed. She looked at me deep in the eyes and told me she loved me. The only thing I wanted to do in that moment was pull her close and kiss her. I didn't care if it put us behind schedule because all I wanted in that moment was her, my Juliet, my wife.

Juliet

"Romeo, we must keep walking. We will fall behind and someone may find us. We must keep moving." Romeo looked at me, grabbed my hand, and kept us moving. I knew I had done the right thing, for the afternoon was slowly approaching and people would come near our hiding space for family outings. As Romeo led me on our journey, I felt a rush of joy and love for my dear Romeo. Suddenly, I didn't feel well, my stomach dropped and I stopped. I was nauseous and all I wanted to do was lie down. I stopped.