e p i l o g u e

He walked over to her house with his mind racing with so many questions.

The journal was tucked under his arm for safe-keeping. His footsteps were hitting the pavement, guiding him toward the girl who forgave him. Even after everything he had done to her.

He stopped in front of her house and took a deep breath before walking up the steps to her door. He raised his fist to knock but lowered it back to his side when he realized the door was cracked open.

He pushed the door open, presenting the deserted first floor.

"Hello?" No answer. He continued in the house and walked up the stairs to her room. He turned the knob and opened the door slightly. He peeked his head in and didn't see her. He sighed.

He shut the door and turned to go to the bathroom. He knocked slightly.

"Hello?" No answer. He opened the door and saw her laying in the tub. "Oh my god!" He rushed over to the side of the tub and looked at her.

Her face was grey and lifeless. Her wrists were slit open and blood had pooled around her. He placed his hands on her shoulders and shook them lightly, trying to wake her.

"Hey, wake up!" He screamed quietly. Her eyes fluttered open and when she saw him, she smiled lightly.

"Hey. Forgive me for going." She whispered, barely audible.

"No, please...don't." He begged, tears pooling in his eyes.

"I love you." She murmured. Her smile still played on her lips as he watched the life slowly leave her eyes.

"I love you, too." He sobbed. He laid his head on her shoulders as he cried with the realization that she was now dead.

And even though she was gone, the guilt was still there. In everyone.

End.