The Dance.

It was time for the dance. Y/n was sporting a navy blue dress that went to just above her knees. Some matching flats, because heels were not her thing, and matching make up. She was curling her hair when her friend Lily Evans walked in. " Hey Lils." Y/n said, continuing to curl. "You going to the dance?" Lily nodded. "And I never thought I'd say it, but I'm going with James Potter." She said, nervous yet excited. "Good." Y/n smiled. "You two are perfect for each other." Lily grinned ear to ear. "You always know what to say." "Have fun with Sirius." She gave y/n a quick squeeze and dashed out to James. Y/n touched up her make-up and smoothed out her dress before walking out, some silver bracelets hanging from her wrist. Sirius stood there like the Knight of the night. He was wearing a silky black suit with a deep red tie and black shoes. His midnight hair hung down, smooth and shiny in the candle light. He took Y/n's hand like the true gentleman he was and led her down the stairs. He embraced her with a warm hug, followed by a sweet peck on the lips. "You look amazing!!" He complemented, looking her over with a smile. "Not as good as you!!" Y/n replied happily, not needing a mirror to know she was blushing. "Well.." He said, "I'm hard to beat." He smirked. "But you are a close second. And in my eyes you're the most beautiful one here." Y/n melted at his words and gave him an extra tight squeeze. "C'mon," She said, "Lets go." They walked, hand in hand, to the great hall that had been transformed into a gorgeous ball room. The lights were twinkling majestically over head, like a thousand stars that shone only for them. Y/n let Sirius lead her past people flirting, kissing, dancing, drinking, laughing and just flat out having a good time. He led her to the dance floor, and that is where they stayed for about two hours, dancing like they were going to die tomorrow. Y/n felt like she was going to pass out from exhaustion. Sirius took her hand firmly in his and led her over to the punch bowl where they sipped the red nectar. They talked for a few before heading back to the dance floor. They finished the night with another slow song but Sirius dragged her away before it ended. Past the band, past dancers and canoodling couples and led her out into the courtyard. "Why are we out here?" She asked looking up into his warm, welcoming eyes. "I just wanted some time alone with the most stunning person alive." He said pulling her close. "Then why are you with me?" Y/n asked, confused. "Take a guess." He murmured before tilting her chin up and kissed her. Y/n kissed back, his soft lips against hers, moving in sync together. They stayed out there for a while, once they were done kissing they lay on top of the cool crisp grass, her hand in his, fingers entwined. "I love you." Y/n said, watching the moon shine and listening to students going back to their dorms after a good night. She waited for his response, a fear she always had lurking deep inside of her: That he wouldn't say it back. "I love you too. More than anything." He replied in his calming voice. They cuddled on the grass before Y/n fell asleep in Sirius's arms. He lifted her and carried her bridal style to his dorm. He rested her in his bed, covered her with his blanket and lay beside her. He pulled her close while Y/n snuggled in. He realized this was all he had ever wanted.

(I'm so sorry I haven't updated lately. I have the next 2 parts ready!! Life has just been tough but all is good now. See you soon!! xxx)