∞ #25. Funeral. ∞

∞ P.O.V. Harry Potter ∞ 

The day after. When Barty Croush Jr. was unmasked, Dumbledore took me to Madam Pomfrey. I had to stay one night in hospital. Hermione and Ron came and soon I told them everything. "Harry, can you just tell us again what exactly happened with Mila?" Hermione asked. I sighed, I didn't really wanted to talk about it. "Well.. Cedric, Mila and I took the cup together. We transported to the graveyard. Mila was the first one to stood up and looking around. When I realized where we were and demanded Cedric and Mila to go back to the cup it was too late. Suddenly she changed, her eyes turned red, there grew wings out of her back and her clothes and everything went black. It was like she didn't recognize us.. Voldemort knew her and he knew who she was, because he talked to her like she was an old friend and .." - "Okay wait.. we have to go the moment when she transformed. Was there something that happened? Something in the graveyard that made her change?" Hermione asked. I shook my head. "Not that I know, no one used a spell to transform her if that's what you mean.." - Hermione looked doubtful. "Hermione, it doesn't matter what happened. She attacked me and used the Crucio curse on me. She's dangerous!" - "Harry calm down ! You said that she didn't recognize you. I'm really sure she doesn't know what happened!" Hermione explained. I shrugged my shoulders. "I don't care", I replied. Hermione and Ron looked at each other. "I would like to be alone.." - "I understand.." said Hermione. "Come Ron.." and after that they left.

∞ ∞ ∞   

Few days had passed. We all gathered in the Great Hall to remember Cedric. All the chairs stood in rows, so we could face Dumbledore who would take place on his 'throne'. "We've seen Mila yesterday", Hermione started to talk. I looked at her. "So?" - "I mean, we've seen her in her room.." - "So, she's back to normal?" - "No.. She was asleep.. but she didn't react when we tried to wake her up.. Guess they used a spell to put her asleep.." I didn't really react because I didn't really care. Dumbledore came in the Great Hall and took place at his 'throne'. He looked sad and searched for his words. "Today... we acknowledge a really terrible loss", he said and stood up. "Cedric Diggory, was like you all knew an exceptionally hard - working, infinitely fair - minded, and most importantly a fierce, fierce friend! Now, I think, therefore, you have the right to know exactly how he died," Dumbledore spoke and came closer. Suddenly the door opened and Mila came in. She looked pale, had bags under her eyes and the scratches from the fight with Willow were still there. She looked terrible. Everyone turned their head and looked at her. Was a bit logic if you knew what kind of rumors went around in Hogwarts.. Dumbledore nodded his head to her. Mila took a seat on a free chair in the back of the room. "What is she doing here?" Seamus started to speak. "Yes, how dare she to come here! She killed Cedric!" a girl from Slytherin protested. "MURDERER!" - "FREAK!" - "PSYCHO!" people started to yell at her. Mila stood up and looked to the crowd, didn't say a thing. She was about to leave when Dumbledore spoke: "Silence! I'm here to tell you what happened! None of you has the right to conclude things without having knowing the truth. Yes it's true. Cedric Diggory was murdered. Not by Mila, but by Lord Voldemort!" Juliette, Oona and Hermione started to cry. "The Ministry of Magic does not wish me to tell you this. But not to do so, I think, would be an insult to his memory". I felt tears coming up and I tried to stay strong.. "Now the pain we all feel at this dreadful loss reminds me, and reminds us, that while we may come from different places and speak in different tongues our hears beat as one. In light of recent events the bonds of friendship we've made this year will be more important than ever. Remember that, and Cedric Diggory will not have died in vain. You remember that and we'll celebrate a boy who was kind and honest and brave and true, right to the very end". 

  ∞ ∞ ∞  

Everyone of their house went to their common room. Oona and Juliette invited us in their room. So there we sat all together. Not saying a thing. "Oona and Juliette?" she asked. The two girls looked in her direction. "Did you know? About Mila?" - "What?" asked Oona. - "About her transforming?" Oona and Juliette looked at each other. "You did?" I asked. They both nodded. "Does it happen a lot?" Hermione asked. "We can't say a thing about it.." Oona said. "We've promised..." - "We have the right to know what's wrong with her. She's dangerous for Harry!" Hermione said. Oona stood up and looked at Hermione. "It's not our task to tell you everything about it. It's up to Mila", after that she left. Hermione looked at Juliette and hoped she would tell us a thing. "Don't look at me!", she said. "Oona is right. We can't tell you something, it's not our task!" - "I need some air", I said and stood up to leave the room. Juliette stood up and wanted to join me. "I want to be alone", I said. Juliette looked disappointed and sat back on her bed. After that I left the room.