∞ #22. Mazerunner. ∞

Today was the day for the third task. The day before yesterday I drunk my potion and if everything went well I wouldn't transform tonight. Yesterday I had another training session with Snape. Again.. it was a disaster. Snape read my mind just like he read his journal. He was furious and insulted me more than once. Today I was really nervous because none of us knew what the last task would involve. I didn't ate a lot in the morning and after breakfast I immediately went back to my room. Fred knocked at my door and asked if there was something wrong. Of course I was honest - because that's what I had promised. Fred comforted me and told me that he would support me and that I doesn't matter if I win or not. He didn't stay long and went. Soon I got another visitor, Harry. "Is Juliette here?"he asked. I shook my head. "No, maybe she's in her room", I said. "No, no. I'm not looking for her. I'm trying to avoid her", he explained and came in. "What's wrong?" I asked. He sighed and sat on my bed. "She's too much!" - "Excuse me?" - "Don't get me wrong. I like her. But, she's too clingy. We're not even together, but she acts like we are." - "Yeah, typical Juliette.. She doesn't want to lose you!" - He rolled his eyes. "If she keeps acting like that, she'll lose me." - "You have to tell her. Right now she doesn't know that there is a problem.. You can't just keep ignoring or avoid her.." - He sighed again. "Maybe you're right. But today is not the day to tell her that." I nodded my head in agreement. "Are you nervous?" he asked. "Yes! You?" - He nodded his head. "What would they have invented now?" 

∞ ∞ ∞  

Clouds were gathering and the sky was dark. Every contestant came into the arena followed with their headmaster - in my case it was Olympe Maxime. We all stood together in a arena. The spectators sat around us and the Hogwarts Fanfare played some music, while people were cheering and waving their flags. Dumbledore started to speak and the music stopped. "Earlier today, Professor Moody placed the Triwizard Cup deep within the maze. Only he knows it's exact position. Now, as Mr. Diggory, Mr. Potter and Miss Mosswish are tied for first position.." Dumbledore spoke. Suddenly I felt someone grabbing my hand. It was Harry who stood beside me. We looked at each other and both new what the other felt. "They will be the first to enter the maze, followed by Mr. Krum and Miss Delacour. The first person to touch the cup will be the winner!" After that everyone started to cheer. Dumbledore explained the meaning of the red sparks and after that we all had to gather around Dumbledore. "In the maze, you'll find no dragons or creatures of the deep. Instead, you'll face something even more challenging. You see, people change in the maze." - I squeezed Harry his hand. "Oh, find the cup if you can. But be very wary, you could just lose yourselves along the way... CHAMPIONS ! PREPARE YOURSELVES!" Everyone of us had to stand in front of another entrance of the maze. Harry pulled me to him and hugged me. "Be careful!" he whispered and kissed my cheek. "You too Harry!" I said to him. After that we both went to our entrance. "On the count of three. One.." and after that Mr. Filch gave the shot. I looked to Harry one more time and entered the maze. I looked behind me and saw that the entrance grew close. I looked up and still saw a dark sky. The night was falling ... 

∞ ∞ ∞ 

I didn't had a proper tactics. So I decided to start running. The bushes grew and changed place, so I had to be careful that they didn't catch me. It seemed like I ran for hours. Suddenly I heard a woman scream, must have been Fleur. I ran and ran and bumped into someone. I immediately was ready to attack but saw it was Cedric - who was also ready to attack me. "Cedric?" I asked. "Mila?" - "I'm okay!" - "Me too!" he said and we both lowered our wands. We couldn't start a proper talk because the wind came up and the bushes started to move again. "Run!" Cedric yelled. We both started to run. Right in front of us we saw Krum. Harry came out of another entrance. Krum was about to use a spell against Harry. "GET DOWN!" Cedric yelled. "Expelliarmus!" - Krum felt down. He ran straight to Krum and kicked his wand underneath a bush. Harry ran after Cedric and tried to stop him. "He's bewitched, Cedric ! Stop!" - "Get off me!" Cedric yelled and pushed Harry into a bush. He ran away, Harry followed so I decided to follow the both of them. We saw the cup standing there and we all ran. Out of the ground there grew branches. Cedric fell and the branches wrapped them around his body. I fell too because I stumbled over Cedric. Branches wrapped them around my body. "HARRY!" I yelled. Harry ran and ran. "HARRY!" I yelled again. He turned his head and looked at the both of us. "HARRY!" Cedric yelled. I tried to get away, but it didn't work. "REDUCTO!" Harry yelled a several times. The branches loosened their grip and we were free. Harry gave me his hand and helped me standing up. "Thanks!" I said to Harry. He looked at me and hugged me. "For a moment I thought you would let it get us.." Cedric said while breathing heavily. "For a moment, so did I" Harry answered. I looked at him with big eyes. Nice friend! "Some game, huh?" Cedric asked. "Some game", Harry and I repeated in unison. The wind came back and again the bushes started to grow. Cedric started to run, Harry took my hand and we both ran as fast as we could in the direction of the cup. "TOGETHER?" I asked. They nodded their head. Harry and I took one arm of the cup and Cedric the other one. I saw a blue flashlight and I felt squeezed. Suddenly I loosened the cup and came to ground with a hard smash. "Auw!" I said. I sat up and looked around. This wasn't the arena? Why were we at a graveyard?