∞ #21. Potion 2.0. ∞

After dinner we all sat in the common room. Harry and Juliette sat together on the couch. While Oona and I sat on the carpet playing  Wizard Chess. I'm not really good a Wizard Chess, so Ron was my coach. "Knight to E4!" he whispered in my ear. "What is the knight?" I asked. He gave himself a pat on his forehead. "Are you serious?" he said. "That's the knight!" and he pointed to a horse. "Oh, okay". I took the horse and placed it at E4. It was Oona's turn. I looked at the clock and saw that I was almost 8 o'clock. "Ron, would you like to take my place? I want to take a bath," I lied to him. "Sure", he replied. I looked at Oona and winked at her. She new what I meant. I wanted to leave the common room when Juliette said: "Are you going to take a bath without a towel and soap?" - Damn. Think quick, think quick. "Totally forgot that! Thanks Jules!" I said. So I ran to my room, took a towel and some soap and left the common room as fast as I could. It was a bit early, but I had to talk to Hagrid about the lie. So I ran straight to his house. Luckily it wasn't far and didn't lose much time. I knocked three times on his door. While waiting I looked to the sky and I saw that the sun was going down. I heard Hagrid mumbling and talking to himself. He opened the door and was a bit surprised to see me. "Oh, Mila. You're early!" he said. "I'm here to ask you a favor, Hagrid." - "Oh, well come in." I looked around if no one saw me and when I was sure no one was there, I stepped inside. "Do you want a drink?" he asked. I shook my head. "No thanks." - "Well, take a seat." I sat down and immediately started to speak. "Well, if the potion from Snape don't work and I transform again tonight. I need a little subterfuge to explain my absence for four or five days. I need your help!" - "Oh, Mila. I don't think I'm the right person for that. I can't lie!" - "But you have to Hagrid. You're my only hope! Pleaseeeeeeee!" I begged him. "Okay fine, what do you want me to say?" he asked. "Whenever Harry, Hermione or anyone asks about me, you have to say that I'm in the woods doing some hunting for you!" - "But.." - "I know it isn't the best lie I've ever told someone." - "What if they ask where you sleep?" - "I'm sleeping here with you!" - "What if they come looking for you in my house?" - "Than you say that I'm hunting!" - He rubbed his beard. "I don't know Mila." - "Oh please Hagrid !" - "I'll try ! But I can't promise a thing!" - "Oh, thank you Hagrid!" I said and hugged him. Suddenly there was a knock on the door. "Wait!" I whispered to Hagrid. I hided myself behind the couch. "You can open now!" I whispered to Hagrid. He opened the door and there were Professor Dumbledore and Professor Snape. "Good evening Hagrid!" Dumbledore said. I sighed and came from behind the couch. "Miss Mosswish, you're already here?" Dumbledore asked surprised. "Yes professor,  I had to discuss something with Hagrid", I said. "Well professor Snape, you can give the potion to Mila." Professor Snape came to me and handed me a little bottle with green potion. "Drink", he demanded. I opened the bottle and drank. "And now we'll wait", Dumbledore said. "In the meantime Hagrid, I would like to drink a bit of your scotch!" Dumbledore said. 

After a few drinks, Dumbledore suddenly realized why we were here. "I think it's time to go outside, Mila." - Hagrid opened the door and we all went outside. The moon was shining. I crossed my fingers and hoped I wouldn't change. We stood there for like ten minutes. Nothing happened. "How do you feel?" Dumbledore asked. I shook my head. "Nothing," I replied. "Does it work?" I asked. "Don't be too quick, Mila", Dumbledore replied. We waited again for maybe ten minutes. Again nothing happened. "Think it's safe now", Snape spoke. I looked at the two professors. "So, what does that mean?" I asked. "It means Miss Mosswish ... that you will be safe for transformation for the next two days. That means that you can participate at the last task that will happen the day after tomorrow", Snape explained. "So that means that, after two days I still can transform?" I asked. - "If there's still full moon, yes", Snape said. It wasn't really the answer that I wanted to hear, but it was a solution. "I think it's safe to go back to Hogwarts, goodnight Mila", Dumbledore said. I was about to leave when I realized that my towel and soap we're still inside Hagrid his house. So I ran back and took it, after that I went back to my room. 

∞ ∞ ∞    

I came in the common room and it was a big surprise to see that no one was there. Very carefully I went to the room of Oona and Juliette. I knocked on Oona her door. Hermione opened the door. It was a bit of a shock to see that everyone was in their room. Damn. "Finally, that took long!" Hermione said when she saw me. "Yes, I know ! I'm really sorry", I immediately replied. I looked at Oona and saw that she was relieved. "Why did it took so long?" Harry asked. He sat on Juliette her bed and held her in his arms. "I, uh.. I wanted to make a night walk. Don't know I just wanted to be alone. Thinking about what happened with Oreal and Willow," I lied. - "By the way I have to say that you were right Harry, I had to tell it to you guys. I'm sorry", I tried to change the subject. "It's okay Mila!" said Hermione and hugged me. "We're friends now, you're part of the group. We're here for you!" she said.