1.9

You arrived at the park slightly early, curiousity just too much for you to handle. As you shuffled your feet across the sidewalk, you couldn't help but feel empty wondering about what Donghyuck was going to tell you.

For two years he did nothing but confuse you. Did you really want to find out the truth behind why he did it? The answer was nothing but obvious to you. You'd always figured Donghyuck had simply gotten bored with you, moving on to his next girl hoping you wouldn't find out. So why had you asked him why he did it if you already knew the answer? You didn't want to hear him voice these things aloud.

After the day he cheated on you, you believed you just weren't good enough for him. This inferior complex was left sitting in your head up to this very moment, and Donghyuck had done nothing but confuse you for this past school year.

But it was far too late to turn around as you walked further into the park, seeing Donghyuck sitting in a bench with his back facing you. He quietly kept to himself as he sat hunched over with his head in his hands, lost in thought. Silently you slid next to him on the bench without a word. His head snapped up to look at you so fast, hands pulling away from his head and into his lap. "I didn't think you would come." He laughs lightheartedly, adjusting himself so he could look at you properly.

You shook your head at his absurdity. "Why wouldn't I?"

His eyes flickered away from you. "I don't know." The atmosphere between you both was serious, not playful and joking like it usually was when you were together. You tore your eyes away from him, resting your back against the bench while you look around the empty park. The sun was setting just behind the trees creating an orange gloom across the swing sets, adding to the mood. "The sun set is pretty." Donghyuck comments, reading your thoughts.

"Yeah." You whisper, twiddling your thumbs together. Donghyuck sighed loudly, pulling his sleeves over his hands. You shivered watching him, regretting not bringing a sweatshirt for yourself. If only you had your black- "Donghyuck is that my sweatshirt?"

He look startled for a second glancing between you and the sweatshirt. "Oh shit, yeah it is." Donghyuck chuckled rubbing the back of his neck. "Sorry, I just kind of wear it without thinking much of it anymore." You stared at him wondering why he kept it these two years. Had it even meant something to him? Surely if hadn't cheated on you and if he actually cared about you, he would've given it back by now. "You're shivering ____. I think it's time I give it back to you."

"No, it's okay I don't-"

"Do me a favor and shut up for a second." Donghyuck pulled the sweatshirt from his body and gently draped it over your own shoulders. You pulled it tighter around you hoping to hide the blush that crept up on your cheeks, muttering shy words of thanks.

It was once again quiet between you two. The sun now fully set with just a small overhead light to illuminate the park bench. "So you really wanna know, huh?" Nodding softly like a curious child, you pulled you legs up to your chest and wrapped your arms around them. "I don't really know where to start."

"Start from the beginning." You paused. "And don't lie to me. I'm done with lies."

Donghyuck swallowed hard at your words. He hadn't really prepared for this day, not knowing that things would've ever turned around out the way they did. "Yukhei-"

"Can we please not bring him up right now?" You flinched at hearing the name.

"___, if you want to know everything, you're just gonna have to listen to me. Please." Sighing in defeat, you nodded softly allowing Donghyuck to tell his story. "Yukhei and I used to be really good friends. Like even before I met Mark." Your mouth hung open in surprise. This was something you never knew. "I didn't know how much Yukhei liked you. I had no idea! He never even told me."