Free Taxi Ride

The moment my face felt the faint breeze, I nearly passed out. I was so relieved, it felt good to be back. I do remember though, we still have one more place to take care of.
"Hey, your friend. What's her name again?" I asked.
"Shinobu, and yeah I suppose she can be my friend."
"She's gonna be alright. It's okay."
"The remaining lab is quite far, we need to hitch a ride, and also just to look less suspicious walking alone."
"I got this." We walked to the main road. I looked back. From this angle the place actually looked like a huge lab instead of a factory. A modern looking disc shaped structure with curved windows stood out. A huge building supported it, and when I looked at the top, I saw a column of smoke rose up. I also saw a little light, something's on fire. We did it. What's gonna happen to us afterwards? Any legal trouble? I started to think about it.

Minutes later, a taxi stopped right before us. Late night taxi.
"You guys okay?" The driver asked. I wasn't surprised, considering how bad and worn out we looked. I probably had a little soot on my face. I brushed it off.
"She's injured." I replied immediately.
"Well get in!" The driver said. I opened the yellow door and we sat at the back.
Misaka pulled out a normal map and gave it to me.
"Get us to here please." I showed the driver the map and pointed at it.
"That's not the hospital though, it's a research center if I recall." He stated.
"I know, it's no normal wound, she knows a friend working there." Is he gonna believe two teenagers? I mean, it's a weird city alright. Things like this happens, so it shouldn't be too hard to believe. I know I was lying, but we have to get there and not be seen. As expected, he hit the gas and didn't say another word.
It was a smooth ride, I let my eyelids drop and got a little sleep. Misaka sat beside me, and was deep asleep. She's tired out, doing the same things for several nights straight. The taxi stopped at lights, and kept moving, then taking rights, lefts. Orangish-yellow light from road lamps gently brushed the car, leaking through the windows. It was comforting. Then I woke up to a faint voice:
"We are here." Misaka said, she woke up first.
"Thank you so much." I said to the driver, reaching into my pocket.
"No, it's fine. I'm done for the night, it's the last ride. I'm going to park this going on this route. Get your friend medical help ASAP."
"Thanks." We got out of the car. I closed the door and waved the driver goodbye.
We stood there and waited until the taxi went out of sight.