"Tori?!" He was panicking. I sighed into the phone annoyed that I was feeling bad for him when he'd done this to himself. I kicked off my shoes and took my time not responding to him. "Where are you?!" He yelled over the phone impatiently and I could still hear the loud music meaning he hadn't left the party yet. Which I knew he'd still be there but for some reason that fact just pissed me off even more.

"Oh why worry about it now? You were perfectly content with Eliza fifteen minutes ago." I was fired up and when that happened I engaged in total bitch mode. It was his turn to sigh at me. Whether it was frustrated or out of relief I was unsure.

"What are you talking about? I sat down because she said you went to the bathroom. Next thing I knew she was handing me a beer and you never came back. I've been a wreck, where are you? I want to leave now this isn't my scene and you know that." Now I felt like an asshole. Of course she had sabotaged us both. She was evil. That conniving little bitch had manipulated him while she got rid of me.

"Eliza had security kick me out so I left and came home." I explained trying to keep the anger out of my voice, it technically wasn't his fault. Other than the fact it was his idea to go to the stupid after party. "I didn't know you didn't know where I'd gone. I just got mad so I took a cab home." He sighed again and the noise that was once pulsating over the phone silenced suddenly indicating he'd stepped outside.

"I am so sorry I dragged us into this party. I shouldn't have, we both should've just went home after we met her. I'm sorry, I didn't see her being like this. She actually seemed nice." I snorted. He was the worst at detecting true evil. 

"Look I didn't want to be the one to tell you this, but you are horrendous at your job." He laughed and I heard his car roar to life. He had an obnoxious exhaust that he insisted on getting. Luckily he still passes emission laws. "And what makes you say that?" He chuckled a throaty laugh. I bit my lip in amusement hoping he didn't take too much offense to my confession.

"Because you can't smell evil when it's sitting right under your nose!" I exclaimed plopping down on my couch. "There is a devil, and her name is Eliza." He laughed again louder. I couldn't believe she'd done this.

"Okay okay, well I'm leaving now I will see you in a little while." I sighed with relief knowing that Rayner hadn't intentionally ditched me, but in the back of my mind I knew this wouldn't be the last time Eliza would try and pull a fast one on us. I didn't understand manipulative people one bit and it scared me that I could lose Rayner. I never wanted to lose him. He was everything to me.

As promised Rayner was knocking on my door and I felt my stomach flutter with anticipation. It did this each time someone knocked on my door. Maybe it was because I was still very paranoid, or maybe it was because I was never going to get use to the fact that I had a super hunky boyfriend. The second I opened the door I was engulfed in Rayner's warm embrace.

I breathed in his cologne that lingered even when he was away. "I was so worried about you." He mumbled into my hair kicking the door shut. I hugged his body close to mine feeling the heat of summer on his clothing. "I'm so sorry." He breathed kissing my jaw. "I will never leave your sight again." I smiled pulling away to see his relieved face.

"Good because every time you do something bad happens to me." He nodded in agreement removing his shoes then sweeping me off my feet suddenly. I squealed a little with surprise as he carried me behind my bedroom door. Kato was chewing away on one of my shoes. Luckily it was just an old worn out tennis shoe so I decided he could have it. "Damn mutt." I grumbled.

Rayner chuckled then whistled at the giant puppy. "Kato get." He commanded. The dumb thing would only listen to him. He wouldn't even pretend to hear me whenever I told him to do things, but would bend at Rayner's will. Kato jumped up snagging the shoe and ran into the living room.