Chapter 18: The one year anniversary (6)

Start from the beginning

Nonetheless, despite the fact that my outfit does not look like traditional 16th century Italian clothes (then again, neither is Giotto's), the outfit is fabulous and so am I.

"Soren, Giotto is waiting outside."

Finne entered my room while I was tugging on the last of the many intricate layers of my dress.

Popping my head out of my closet, a smiled and hurried out, handing Ren over to him. "The mice are in the cage I showed you. Only one is enough. Ren is beginning to grow rounder than she should."

My brother nodded, holding Ren in his hands while I gave him a quick kiss on the cheek and rushed down the staircase.

"Have fun!" He called after me.

"I will!"

Giotto waited at the entrance with Grandpa, looking like he was enduring something. When I got closer, it turned out it was Grandpa threatening him under his breath while he held a gun against his chest.

For some reason, Grandpa had a very bright smile on his face while he said the words "murder", "pain" and "eternal damnation" our loud for the world to hear. Obviously, it fell deaf to my ears.

"Are we ready to go?" I asked, walking to them slowly.

They turned to me instantly.

Giotto sucks in a breath.

Author-san's POV

He was instantly mesmerized by the sight of his soon to be wife (Gah! That's so embarrassing) walking to them with a bright smile on his face.

Giotto plastered on a tight smile, trying to hide his nervousness and whatever the hell he was feeling in the pit of his stomach.

He will only admit this once in his lifetime. He has given up. Okay? He gave up. Giotto fvcking Vongola is madly in love with Soren Corona!

How did this happen, you may ask?

'Well how the hell should I know?!' Giotto responds inside his head.

He was enchanted. He loved Soren not at first sight. No. In fact, he hated her on sight. But his feelings are not there anymore. Why? Because she's fvcking changed! He loves the woman before him. Because without her (incredibly realistic and almost flawless acting as a total man-chasing b!tch) mask, she was someone he could learn to love.

Haven't you been in love since the night you climbed that balcony?

Giotto chastised himself. He felt the ring on his finger. The same ring she had given him on Christmas. It meant more to him than the engagement ring they were both given.

Maybe because it wasn't from her. She didn't make it or felt anything for him. Certainly, he hated her to a large extent.

As she greeted him with a bright smile, Giotto couldn't help but remember the past.

Giotto's POV

When I first met Soren Corona of the Senva Corona Famiglia, it felt like swallowing a bolder whilst I drank a gallon of water. It was that bad. The girl was oppressing and ignorant of her surroundings.