#1 - we've fallen

She knew she must keep very still while she waited. There was a sharp wind buffeting up the rise, and she tottered precariously behind the bush she'd chosen to hide behind. But the shadow of the leaves above would not protect her if the wind blew her from her hiding place. She stiffened, stilling her body. The full moon hung like a silver coin in the sky, and it granted her just enough light to see by. Settling back on her haunches, she froze as footsteps crunched in the snow below the rise. The forest went silent, as if all the night owls were holding their breaths in anticipation.

Ooh, you better get him! Her Dragon Spirit, Natsukashii, roared inside her consciousness. Tsuyoi could barely restrain herself from snorting a cloud full of smoke in irritation. Natsukashii's excitement reverberated through her, and she was starting to succumb to her resident Dragon Spirit's wild demeanor.

Calm down, you big dummy. I can't let him see us yet, she thought back. She froze, then pondered her last statement. Ever since Naruto Uzumaki, a strange shinobi who'd wandered into Liodito a week ago and knocked into a row of domino events in Tsuyoi's life, she'd realized how much Natsukashii was a part of her--or rather, they were a part of each other. Two separate beings joined in one body. She snorted softly. She was just glad Natsukashii was trapped in her body, not the other way around.

Then her ears pricked. He was coming closer.

Get him! Natsukashii's overwhelming urge to pounce surged through her.

Noroi! She gritted her teeth. Quiet!

She peeked through the leaves. Naruto was walking toward her, concern creasing his face. "Hey! Where did you go?" He called, cupping his hands around his mouth.

His yelling sent a large barn owl flying up into the sky, rustling the trees above. She tensed, and she could feel Natsukashii crouch down inside her, wriggling with excitement. The Dragon Queen grinned, finally letting Natsukashii's longing over take her. With a snarl, she leaped from behind the bush, crashing into his legs and sending him tumbling down the hill.

"Tsuyoi!" He yelped. He grabbed her arms, struggling to get her beneath him. Tsuyoi fought back, twisting so he couldn't get a good grip on her. They rolled and rolled and finally collapsed at the foot of the hill into a bank the snow sending a flurry up into the night sky.

"I got you," Tsuyoi gasped, looking down at him with a massive grin stretched across her face. She'd pinned him beneath her. Again. Her sharp canines glinted in the moonlight. Naruto blinked and then tried to wiggle away, laughing. "No moving! I have to claim my prize first." She closed her eyes. "Forbidden Earth Dragon's Scorpion Tail," she mumbled, feeling the familiar tug in her tailbone. A reptilian tail, covered with black scales, protruded from the base of her back, and she whipped it around, smiling wickedly.

Naruto went pale. "W-what are you doing with that?" He stammered, beginning to struggle again.

"Be still, moron," she scoffed. "I won't kill you. Unless you give me the last takoyaki!" She held the sword-sharp tip of her tail against his throat.

"Okay, okay," he grumbled. "I wanted it for myself. And you're probably squishing it, 'cause it's in my pack." He gave an explanatory wiggle for emphasis.

Tsuyoi smiled. "I don't care about the takoyaki."

"Then what do you care about?"

She smiled even wider, a sad look in her eye. "You."

His eyes widened. "What d-do you mean by that?" He asked, a blush rising in his face.

Her eyes softened a little. "I care about you 'cause your my friend, orokana." She grinned and moved her arm away, letting him sit up. "Now will you share that last takoyaki with me? I'm hungry."