Requests

Peter POV

The emptiness of space was peaceful to say the least. Some people didn't admire it because it was constantly dark. Yet they never took the time to admire all the colors amongst the stars. I tapped my foot along to the music playing from my walkman, until rocket waved his hand in front of my face.

"Whaaaat?" I groaned and tugged off my headphones before he huffed at my attitude.

"Yondu is calling you." I glanced back to the screen and pressed the button. For once he looked concerned, usually he was at least goofy. Yet the look on his face was laced with concern.

"Pete I need a favour. I'll even pay you in units." His usual bantering was missing and he lacked the occasional smirk as he looked down for a moment as if to compose himself. "I need you to find someone. My crew said she was taken by one of those slave ships." I narrowed my hues at the screen before crossing my arms. Gamora and Drax joined, holding baby groot.

" Yeah, well who is she and I'll need a photo along with some basic information Yondu." Yondu was hesitant before I heard him typing until a picture popped up on the screen. She looked Terran, one photo she had these forest green eyes and the other red like blood. " Who is she?" Her lips painted red with lipstick and a redish gold cuff on her bicep that almost seemed to be a part of her skin.

"She's my daughter. She's part Terran." He sounded ashamed, not about her being Terran, but about the fact that she was missing under his watch.

"Wait Yondu has a kid!" Rocket bursted out laughing to which Gamora whacked him for quickly. Even Drax managed a chuckle before realizing the seriousness of the situation.

"Rocket." I sighed and shook my head before looking back at the screen. "We'll help you find her. Send me the coordinates of where you last saw her and we'll meet there." I hung up and looked to her picture again. It was surprising that Yondu had a child, let alone her being actually attractive.

"Her name is Kristin Udonta or Kristin Wagner." Gamora read from the message Yondu had sent. "She was born 1981 to Joanna Wagner who died two weeks ago." She sat the tablet down before looking to me. " Peter? You alright?"

"There is another Terran in space. I haven't seen another human in well. Decades." I walked to the front of the ship and entered the coordinates of Yondu's message before glancing once more to the picture on the screen. Her eyes captivated me, mainly because they were so red, surely the only trait she seemed to get from Yondu.

"I am groot." I glanced down at tiny groot and sighed.

"I am not staring at her picture."

"I am groot."

"She's pretty, what are you getting at groot?" He danced at little and I chuckled slightly before he ran away to surely something more entertaining. The journey to Yondu's ship was a mere hour, I hated the planet we happened to end up at, but it was the scene of the crime. I could see Yondu arguing with one of his men till the milano landed. Dare I say I was hesitant to confront Yondu considering the look on his face, but nonetheless I forced myself to carry on.

"Took you long enough boy!" He hollered and started walking over to me and the other guardians. "I got news of what the ship looks like, I'll send it to your device. I knew I should have left her on earth."

"Why act like you hate us Terrans so much?" I tried to be blunt, yet he shot a glare at me.

" No one would have suspected it then." His demeanor changed as he glanced to his crew. "One of them betrayed me. Don't let any of them know where you're going or anything about this." I nodded slowly before pulling out my tablet and looking at the map. More than likely these people were already halfway across the galaxy. With Kristin being a Terran she was a rarity in itself, let alone being that she had some of Yondu's skill set.

"We'll handle it."

"I'm am groot." Yondu looked to groot sitting on Rocket's shoulder.

"He says don't worry, we'll find her." Rocket translate yhen Yondu nodded before walking off to join his team.

"I never thought Yondu of all people could look sad." Rocket mumbled as we boarding the Milano. I shrugged slightly and started flying off.

"Apparently there is a lot we don't know about Yondu."

" He seems concerned." Drax sat down near me. "Why must we go save this-this Terran girl?"

"Because it's Yondu's daughter and she's one of my kind."

"You Terran are so weak." He sighed in displeasure before looking at groot play with one of his leaves. I rolled my eyes at the comment. It wasn't that we were weak, we were surely far outnumbered in space. I glanced at the photo of the ship before looking to Gamora, she was already busy searching through different security systems across the galaxy for this vessel.

It was hard not to think about what they could possibly do to her on a slave ship. Not only was she rare, but she was beautiful. She'd go for a high price after they break down her spirit, which if it was anything like Yondu's she was a surely a fire cracker. Dare I say I was nervous even coming across another one of my kind. A million questions were crossing my mind, one of which was what type of music did she like or where was she from. She was more Terran than I, considering she'd spent most of her life on earth.

" Peter! I think I found it! It's heading towards NoWhere!"

"Got it!" I hollered back, turning on the thrusters all the way before I strapped into my seat, careful to avoid any asteroids. "Alright Kristin we're coming to get ya." I whispered to myself.