Chapter 8: Regaining What Was Lost

Start from the beginning

          ''Don't make threats you can't enforce,'' Jazz said.

         White and Danny began to stir. They went over to them. The teens opened their eyes, momentarily, shined their green and gold colors. They looked at each other.

         ''What was that,'' they asked the other.

         ''What was what,'' Tucker asked.

         ''Nothing, nevermind,'' Danny said. ''Are you guys alright?''

          ''Caring more about others than yourself, common Danny and White,'' Ember shook her head, snickering.

          ''That was almost as bad as when Lena's song got messed up by harvest moon,'' White said, shaking off the dizziness.

           ''Daniel James Fenton,'' Maddie yelled. ''White Hope Fenton. Where did you two get those scars? And where did that infernal tattoo come from?''

         The two boys just glared at their parents.

          ''With the never ending ghost attacks, the school bullies, you two blowing up things in the lab every other hour, why wouldn't we have scars,'' Danny said. ''And being honest, we never cared enough to say anything.''

          ''And this tattoo was given to me by very close friends,'' White answered.

          ''As soon as we get home, we are getting that horrible thing removed,'' Maddie ordered.

         ''Don't even think about it,'' White glared. ''This is a sign of honor and respect. It shows how they care.''

          ''Who is they,'' Jack asked.

           ''The sirens,'' White answered.

           The two adults looked like they were about to explode. Sam took out the spare shirts she packed and gave them to the boys. They were finally able to cover their scars.

          ''You know those monstrous songstresses,'' Maddie freaked. ''They can alter a person's mind with their voices. They're as dangerous as any ghost. You are not allowed to have any contact with those monsters.''

         ''They aren't monsters,'' White argued. ''You don't know the first thing about them. They live in peace on their island. They treat us like family. Just because there are a few bad seeds doesn't mean all siren are bad.''

         ''All sirens ARE bad,'' Jack says. ''When I get my hands on one, i'll do what I would do if it was a ghost. I'll rip it apart molecule by molecule.''

         ''Tóso prospathó na peráso se aftá ta ilíthia. Eínai san na milás sto fántasma tou koutioú,'' White ranted in Greek. Translation,'' I'm done trying with these guys. It's like talking to the Box Ghost.''

         ''Den eínai tóso kaká,'' Danny responded. Translation, ''They aren't that bad.''

        ''Nai eínai,'' White said. Translation, ''Yes, they are.''

        ''What the hell are you two saying now,'' Dash yelled.

       ''What, do you not speak Greek,'' Danny teased.

        ''You two can speak Greek,'' Mr.Lancer asked.

        ''And Romanian,'' Sam added.

        ''And Esperanto,'' Tucker added.

         ''Four languages,'' Mr.Lancer couldn't believe. ''You two can speak four languages. How do you have such poor grades?''

         ''I do not have time for this,'' White says, turning to his friends. ''You guys want to go to Phantom's Keep? I can not deal with them, right now.''

         ''Might as well,'' Jazz said.

          The door to the room burst open. Two more ghosts came in. One was a giant woman with four arms and in Greek armor. She had flaming pink hair and carried a large scepter. The other one was a young adult ghost in a purple robe and no legs. Under his cloak was like the gears of a clock and his face had a scar under his eye.

        The Fentons aimed their guns at the ghosts. But then two words froze them like statues.

         ''Mater. Pater,'' Danny and White cried.

         They ran to the ghosts, giving them big hugs. The ghost hunters couldn't help but drop their jaws. 

         ''Are you two okay, my little warriors,'' Pandora asked. ''Dora told us it was Blood Blossoms.''

        ''We're fine, mater,'' Danny assured. ''The cure worked just as we thought.''

        ''I need to tell you something later, then,'' Clockwork told them.

         ''Alright, pater,'' White smiled.

         Maddie turned to Mr.Lancer.

         ''Do you know what they're saying,'' she asked.

         ''It's more Latin,'' Mr.Lancer said. ''They're saying 'mother' and 'father'. How do your sons know so many languages?''

          Maddie ignored the question completely. She was too furious. How dare her sons call those pieces of ecto-waste mother and father. They were their parents, not those monsters. She took out her gun, aiming it at Pandora.

          ''GET AWAY FROM MY SON, GHOST SCUM,'' she screamed, firing.

          ''Don't,'' Danny yelled.

          Clockwork shielded White as they heard the blast make contact. White forced himself out of his father's arms. He saw Danny with his hands over his stomach. He took his hands off, and they were covered in blood. He collapsed onto the floor.

          ''Danny,'' White and Pandora cried.

          They bent next to him.

          ''Did... you get h...hurt, pater,'' he stuttered.

           ''Not at all, thanks to you my little warrior,'' Pandora says, brushing his raven hair. 

           ''That's... a...all that m...matters,'' Danny said. ''D...Dick.''

            That last name hit White like a stab to the heart. But then, Danny passed out, making him panic.

            ''Oh gods,'' he gasped.

            Pandora picked him up, bridal style, and took him over to Frostbite.

            ''Frostbite, help him,'' she panicked.

           ''Bring him this way,'' Frostbite instructed.