PreChapter - Dirty Hands

I walked into my sister's room. It feels like... in a dream. Everything in here decorated femininely, the soft colour of the furniture matching; from the pillow sheet to the cloudy painting about babies and clouds on the ceiling. While crossing the room, I ran my fingers against the marble-like wooden shelf, occasionally brushing against the hanging tendrils of flowers. High arch window with the view of the silvery-white fire burning from the castle tower. The bed draped by white silk supported by the bedpost. Burning white orbs hung at the perimeter of the room.

For years I lived under the same castle with my sister, walk the same hallway and watch the same fire. But only then I thought, she truly lives a different world than me. I was antagonized, envied with how calm this room is, contrasted to the chaotic hardship I faced daily. She has gowns and books as much as I have bruises and swords. 

I opened my boots and placed it on the white carpet as my eyes drifted to the lone book on the floor, near to the chimney that was still burning away coals. The book was cream coloured hard book, with this spine tied with golden tread and inked in front with bold golden cursive written "Language of Flora" I opened the page, a Lavandula was waving at me and my nose filled with the aromatic smell of lavender, I skimmed the page and it said that Lavender was used in offering to the pharaoh in golden lands. I flipped over another page, Helianthus, a bright yellow sunflower was glowing and Helios himself floating above the page. I was genuinely fascinated by the magic of this book, I rapidly flipped the pages, urging them to tell me about the secret it holds. Liliodeae, Lilieae, Orchidaceae, Phaleria macrocarpa...I chuckled when a red smoky heart exploded when it was about Red Rosoideae – Rose. More interesting, the Allium cepa-commonly known as onion managed to tear my eyes. I was enjoying this short moment of peace I can get.

"YOU!!" a sharp shriek rang before I realized a sharp pain the back of my head as my short hair was yanked back by a small hand. I struggled to stand straight the moment my hair was free from her death grip.

"What are you doing here? What are you holding?!" A girl of golden hair as translucent as sunlight glare me down with her nose fuming shouted.

'I was just... I was learning about... plants." I stuttered to that sister of mine. Momentarily forgotten what I was in her room in the first place.

"Don't touch my things!" she screamed and grunts hardly.

I stepped towards her, wanting to hold her arm to ask for forgiveness. She snatched her hand hard and slapped my face. The force that hit me knocked me out of balance as I stumbled toward the fire pit with my hands landed to the burning coals, the ashes rose and blinded my sight.

"In fact! Don't touch me with your dirty hands!"

I don't remember much, just the sight of pure whiteness and full silence. The next thing I knew, I heard the sound of broken glass as a vase flew past my face into the coals. I pulled my hands out grabbing along a handful of coals and a few large pieces of sharp glass.

"Look at the mess you've done! Get out! Get out! Get out!!!" She screamed.

I ran out of the door without a word and to no destination I have in mind. I ran across the hallway, my barefoot smacking directly to the cold smoothened stone floor. Passing by flashes of light orbs and endless arch windows from the corner of my eye. I knew the ways and every nook of this castle, the hidden pathway and the labyrinth but at that moment, I never felt so...lost.

In the end, my mind took me to the place I liked the least, far from her room- the armoury. I collapse on the floor sitting against the locked wooden door which lightens up with a pattern the moment I touch it, the light emits from the locking pattern made me clearly see what my hands had become. I chocked on a sob I was bitting in and finally, a sniffle turned to tears, turned to sob, turns to cry. I rocked myself- letting time passed. Until the blood on my hands dripped on the floor and dried from the cut. Blistering angry red-coated by dark soothes. The pain on my hands was nothing compared to the pain I felt in my chest. I just want to feel acceptance for once, but yet...

"Dirty hands..." I whispered defiantly.

With silence as my only accompany and my mind to myself. The creeping anger was bottling up like waves, I was cursing and vowing. Words can go on and on, the wheels in my head were turning faster than I can process. Revenge, scheme, hatred was all I think of. I could hold it no more as I shouted to oblivion dark sky and I woke up.....