The Awakening (Present day)

ابدأ من البداية

     Leanbox...they were here! They must have caused this! They're the ones who-

...

     My head felt like it was splitting open. It all replayed in my mind; the screams, the terror...everything. I fell onto my knees, clinging my head with both hands, trying to rid my brain of the memory, but I couldn't. It kept replaying.

-"Get out of there Marcus!"

     The sounds kept repeating themselves in my head. I remember the exact sound of my guns firing and that of their flak shredding our squad apart. I opened my eyes and looked back outside. I didn't know if what I was seeing was real, but I saw the warship's frozen rotor start turning again. A vision, mirage? Or something else? Either way, my primal instinct kicked in. I grabbed the closest gun I could find and started firing at nothing. In midair, my bullets seemed to turn into cannon rounds. That's when I knew I was hallucinating. I stopped soon after realizing that.

-"I'm so stupid..." I said, throwing the broken gun to the floor.

     I had to remain calm if I was going to survive. I looked to the hangar again. Could there be anything I could use to get home there? Then I remembered something...oh god...

-"Zeke!? Zeke! Where are you!?" I yelled, running down corridors. I eventually made it back to my cryo chamber once again.

     I noticed there was a small piece of paper right in front of the pod I was in. Am I really that blind? I picked up the paper and starting reading.

ʟᴏɢᴀɴ,
ʟᴏᴏᴋ ʙʀᴏᴛʜᴇʀ, ɪ ᴅᴏɴ'ᴛ ᴋɴᴏᴡ ᴡʜᴇɴ ʏᴏᴜ'ʀᴇ ɢᴏɴɴᴀ ᴡᴀᴋᴇ ᴜᴘ ʙᴜᴛ, ɪ ʜᴏᴘᴇ ɪᴛ'ꜱ ꜱᴏᴏɴ. ᴛʜɪɴɢꜱ ᴀʀᴇ ᴀʟʀᴇᴀᴅʏ ᴘʀᴇᴛᴛʏ ʟᴏɴᴇʟʏ ᴡɪᴛʜᴏᴜᴛ ʏᴀ. ᴀɴʏᴡᴀʏ, ᴡʜᴇɴ ʏᴏᴜ ᴅᴏ ᴄᴏᴍᴇ ᴏᴜᴛ, ɪ ʟᴇꜰᴛ ʏᴏᴜ ᴀ ʟɪᴛᴛʟᴇ ɢɪꜰᴛ ɪɴ ᴛʜᴇ ʜᴀɴɢᴀʀ. ɪ ᴋɴᴏᴡ ʏᴏᴜ'ᴠᴇ ʙᴇᴇɴ ᴡᴀɴᴛɪɴ' ᴛᴏ ɢᴇᴛ ʜᴏᴍᴇ ꜱᴏᴏɴ. ꜰɪɢᴜʀᴇᴅ ᴛʜᴀᴛ ᴛɪᴍᴇ ᴡᴀꜱ ɴᴏᴡ. ᴜɴᴛɪʟ ᴡᴇ ᴍᴇᴇᴛ ᴀɢᴀɪɴ, ʙʀᴏᴛʜᴇʀ.

ʏᴏᴜʀ ʙᴏᴏᴛ ᴄᴀᴍᴘ ʙᴜᴅᴅʏ, ᴢᴇᴋᴇ.

     There was a key taped onto the back of the note along with the date he wrote this. Holy shit, that's almost 5 years ago...I put the key in my pocket for now. Wait, I don't have pockets! What the hell? Oh yeah...I'm still in the operating clothes. Better change that. I took my uniform and went to the locker room. I got undressed, put on everything except my shirt and then noticed something.

...

     I had a huge scar on my back. Probably the biggest I've ever seen. It went from my right shoulder all the way down to my waist. Did I always have this? Whatever, it's not bleeding so it doesn't matter yet. I suited up in my winter soldier gear and went to the main gates. Outside leads to every other facility here...and the around -60°C climate. To my surprise, once I pulled the opening lever, it started opening. I guess this place isn't entirely out of power. I went up closer to the opening gate and watched. It stopped as it was rising though, jammed by something in the gears. It didn't matter though, I could still crouch under it. Once I stepped outside, the wind was the most noticeable factor. I had goggles, but the wind would still seep into the thin fabric covering the rest of my face. My best chance of getting out of here is getting to that hangar and seeing what Zeke left for me. After a short walk through freezing temperatures, I arrived at the hangar. I flicked off my hood and removed my goggles. It was pitch black in here! Using my flashlight, I managed to find the light switch except...it was covered by a small glass encasing. There was a key slot next to it. I took the chance and put the key I had been given in. It turned without trouble. The glass case popped off revealing a big red button.