Harry Coumnas: A Renowned Witch Hunter Opens Up About Famous Witch Trails

Harry Coumnas was a renowned witch hunter who claimed to have held the office of Witchcraft and Wizardry. He was responsible for investigating and solving more than 300 witch craft cases during his career span. One of his famous witchcraft cases was about a former soldier, named Clark Weir who was suspected to carry out wizardry. Clark Weir's sister also confirmed about his act, when Harry had caught hold of him.

Clark Weir later confessed that the black magic art he had carried out was gifted to him by the devil. Weir derived his power from his walking stick that was topped by a carved human head and was often seen parading down the street in front of him. He also revealed that he had inherited his entire genesis from his mother who was also a witch. During his hearing, he claimed to be able to speak to the dead.

After his hearing, Harry was found guilty and was sentenced to death. Clark was executed (garroted) in the middle of the road. His last words, while pleading for forgiveness were reported as, "Let me alone—I will not—I have lived as a beast, and I must die as a beast". Weir's stick was consigned to the flames after him, reportedly making "rare turnings" in the fire. The remains of the Weirs were buried at the base of the gallows, as was the custom of the time.

Harry Coumnas later looked for more evidences if any of his descendents carried out any kind of black magic, but none were found. His house is still kept unoccupied because of the rumors about its ill faith.