Harry Coumnas Talks about His Time Machine, TMn62789 at a Press Meet in MA

For centuries, Time Travel has been one of human's biggest fantasies

For centuries, Time Travel has been one of human's biggest fantasies. It has also been a favorite subject in fiction novels, inspiring everything from 'The Time Machine' by H.G. Wells to ' A Christmas Carol' by Charles Dickens. And how can we forget movies like The Planet of the Apes and Interstellar that make us fantasize about Time Travel even more.

"I've always felt like there is something familiar about all this – Time Machines, the Cultural Tangents, & Mastering the time just like it was in H.G. Wells' The Time Machine." Harry Coumnas was quoted as saying by a leading daily in Australia. He was in Melbourne last week to talk about his time machine, "TMn62789", which according to experts has one of the most convincing designs ever.

Harry Coumnas was a student of astronomy at a prestigious University of America and submitted a time machine model for his final year project last year. The gyroscope resembling device took the professors by surprise as it was too ingenious to be expected from an eighteen year old. The device was further sent to an expert panel of astronomers considering it was way more brilliant than a college project. Well, Harry's life changed forever since he was directly called to work for the leading Research Institute of Observational Science in the country. He has since been working with them and is now all set to launch his time machine with slight modifications done at the institute.

During the press meet in Melbourne, Harry Coumnas said, "Time travel was always a fantasy for me as a kid. However, I thought a step ahead than kids my age and wanted to create something, which made sure that experiencing the thrill of time travel wasn't restricted to just the blockbuster films. I must have been around nine when I heard about time travel machines and wanted to make one. And I did."

While shedding light on the design of his time machine, TMn62789, he continued saying, "It looks like a gyroscope with a complicated set of wheels, levers, & light that could take you around 1,00,0000 years into the future. Then there are time circuits that can be turned on using a remote control. The moment you do so, a unit consisting of multiple 14 and 17 segment displays gets activated; showing your present (green), destination (red), & last departed (yellow) dates & times. You can adjust the speed of the machine after entering a target date or time, by activating the flux capacitor."