Dreams

The first month of school is now over, but Jemma isn't as excited anymore. Who could blame her? None of us are really. It was one blow after another as I watched their faces when they found out the news. Michaels shutting down more. John's going dark. James's going blank. Jemma's though-hers was the worst. Her face completely broke, and it was like I could see her heart breaking in front of my very eyes.

Yesterday was the funeral's. We decided to just do a double one-for April and Carrie. It was harder than you'd expect. I don't remember much from the funeral's however. Pretty much the only thing's I can remember is the bubble of my friends, and the caskets disappearing beneath the ground for who-knows-how-long. I think Jemma's been taking pills for depression, but I can't be sure. I don't know how Michael's holding up. He seems, I don't know. To be honest though, I'm not even sure how I'm holding on. How I haven't left the world of reality, and disappeared into the world of daydreams- where I could finally get away from all of this. Where all of us are finally free from grief's clutches.

John has changed. He's quieter, more reserved. I'm not sure about James either. He didn't know Carrie for long, but we were all close regardless, and I can tell he is grieving even if he tries to hide it. Laying down in my bed I think of all my memories with Carrie. Feeling cool tears dance down the side of my cheek, and jump from my nose I try to loose myself inside those memories. After all, memories can be better than dreams.

*******************************************************************************************************************

Hearing that same laugh echo throughout the room I'm in I feel my body seize with panic. I can't move. I don't know where I am. I still don't know whose face belongs to the voice. Opening my eyes, doesn't help me. All I see is the dark. Not the welcoming dark either, you know the one that hide's you from your enemies. No, instead I'm stuck with the vicious dark. The one that let's things leap out at you, the one that tries to get your heart racing as you stand in the middle of it.Feeling warm breath breeze across my face I stiffen.

"So did you like my gift, Lilly? Two down, three to go!"

Again the same laugh, only this time it doesn't echo around the room. It ghosts through me, worming it's way into my heart and mind as I try not to let fear overtake me.

*******************************************************************************************************************

This morning I had been starting to get worried. At first I had no idea why, but then when I actually thought about it I remembered Jemma's face the last time I saw her. She looked even worse. The worry never leaving me I try to go on with the rest of my day.

******************************************************************************************************************

Walking up the driveway of John's house I see the front door bang open, and Michael run's out with John hot on his heels.

"John Hathaway!"

Hearing him silently curse, I watch with curious eyes as he turns to face the extremely angered voice. Michael however just freezes in his steps, eyes wide. My curiosity growing I watch as a 5'8 woman who looks like John with softer features comes storming out.

"I can't believe I have to put up with this! First it's your father, and now you're gonna give me trouble too?! Well enough is ENOUGH! Do you understand me, Johnathon! I want you to be in your best. And if I find that you are in some way lacking your best in any. single. thing. I will have your hide! Got it?!"

During her whole rant her finger was waving around and no it's shoved up against John's chest. Looking over at him he's looking at the ground as if ashamed. Feeling a pang of pity I watch on.