Chapter 26: You Should Have Seen Your Face

Start from the beginning

"Who's that?" Jace asks and his voice is laced with a bit of jealousy.

"Someone important to me" I say simply. Walk into the trap.

"Is it Charlie? Your boyfriend?" He teases and I force tears to drop but he doesn't notice them because he's not looking at me.

"It's my cousin, Gonzales" I say and he sighs in relief. "My dead cousin" I add and his head snaps up and he notices my tears.

"Emma, I didn't know it was--" he starts but I cut him off.

"I get it. Nobody knows about it" I look at him and grin. "Because he's not real. Ha" I laugh.

While he was still trying to process everything, I take a picture of his face. It's a mixture of confusion, sadness, relief and guilt.

I just keep laughing while he stares at me, dumbfounded. He finally composes himself.

"That wasn't funny" he mumbles.

I just keep laughing, holding my sides. "You should have seen your face."

"I should have known. You don't have any Mexican relatives and he's blonde. Idiot" he muttered to himself.

"I agree" I smirk. How did he even believe that?

"I have to send this to the guys" I say and carry my phone.

His eyes widen. "No way in fucking hell. Give me that" he reaches for my phone.

I dodge his hand and stand up, then run around the room. He runs after me and he gets closer.

"Just give it" he yells running after me.

"Never!" I yell and run towards the bed.

I'm about to climb the bed, when he catches up to me and tries to grab my phone. I stretch my hand and in the process lose my balance and fall on the bed with him falling on me.

"Oh my God" I groan. "You weigh a ton." I then notice the position we're in and my cheeks redden.

I look up at his face and he's staring at me. "W-what?"

He just smiles and shakes his head. Then his face turns serious and he starts leaning in.

"Emma?" He breathes. Our faces are so close that our noses are touching.

"Y-yeah?" I ask. My heart is racing and it's as if there's a whole zoo in my stomach.

He kisses me and my whole body freezes. I can't think and I can't even move.

He pulls back after a while and sits up. "I'm sorry. I shouldn't have done that" he shakes his head.

I sit up and a smile spreads across my face. "You should've" I say before smashing our lips together.

He freezes for a moment before kissing me back. I close my eyes and deepen the kiss and then his hands snake around my waist and he sits me on his lap.

My hands automatically go around his neck and he smiles into the kiss.

He pulls back and I open my eyes slowly to see him grinning. I notice we're both panting.

I suddenly feel very shy and stare at my laps, causing my hair to curtain my face.

He raises my chin and stares at me, concerned. "What's wrong?"

I shake my head and give him a small smile. "It's just... I mean I just.. kissed you and I'm not..." I stutter.

He chuckles. "I like you Emma" he says and my heart stops.